Pages

1.29.2009

A Thingy By Any Other Name....

Have I mentioned how grateful we are to the Rady's who gave us the stander? Oh my goodness, are we ever! But I keep forgetting to tell you all about....

this thingy that they also gave us. Thingy - I'm not sure what to call it. It's for sitting support. Any ideas what to call it? Anyway, here's Chloe sitting on her Bumbo with the support. She sat in there for about 30 minutes. That's one entire half hour that she didn't insist I hold her. That is amazing! Sometimes her head would get tired and flop over to the side, but then....

she would bring it up in midline again like the big, strong girl she is! But then....

it would fall over again. But, as you would guess, when she fell she would get back up again. She's determined like that!

And, I hope the cute Rady's don't get offended that we keep altering their fabulous gifts. We love them just as they are, but Chloe is a princess and needs things to be girly. So I've been trying to figure out what type of fabric to get to re-cover the sitting support thingy ;o). I looked at the fabric store at a lot of butterfly material (of course - this is Chloe we're talking about). There were some really cute pieces, but nothing jumped out at me. Plus, don't think I'm too big of a dork.... actually, you can, because well I am a dork.... I'm worried about getting a colored fabric because then when she's sitting in the sitting support thingy her outfits won't always match. I know, huh. RIDICULOUS! But truly, people, this is a concern to me.

But today I think I finally figured it out. As I was putting her cute damask pullover on, I realized - THAT'S IT! Black/white damask goes with everything! Plus if I get it so the black is the main color, it will hide stains better. And also, I could add embellishments like flowers, butterflies, hearts, etc, to go with the different seasons and holidays. And again, everything goes with black and white! I've been looking at a few fabrics on-line today and found these beauties....


Funky/retro damask from ebay. Love it!



And etsy never disappoints. How fab is this fabric???


So bloggy friends, what do you think I should call the support sitting thingy? Do you like the idea of butterfly fabric or damask? And which of the two damasks do you like best? Talk to me goose.


20 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I love the fabric, just gorgeous. Some suggestions re.the support thing is SST for Super Support thingie or Mother's Little Helper. Chloe is a princess, you could call it her Damask Throne. Good luck with your choices.

Kim said...

Maybe you could make like a slipcover and attach it with velcro or snaps or elastic or something to what you already have and then you could change it for holidays like hearts and 4 leaf clovers and easter bunnies, etc. And you could wash it!(best part). Since I can't sew, I'd probably use a hot glue gun...lol. It kinda looks like a Kleenex Box. Maybe you should call it Kleenie.
XXXO to Chloe!

Shelly said...

Having three princesses at home myself, I'd have to go with "Princess Chair." I thought maybe just calling it a throne, but I also have a boy, so potty-humor comes to mind. I like the black and white. The damask is way cute.

Amanda said...

I think you should call it a sitsy, lol. It's a cute name. I really love the first fabric from E bay. You should get a bedazzler and bedazzle it too :)

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

T-
I am so THRILLED that my little bit of connection helped in getting such an amazing stander/thingy for Chloe. She seems to love it and you are so creative in making it perfect for a little princess! It does reaffirm a belief in humanity and love for fellowman. I have been out of the blogging loop lately, and need to get my motivation up. You amaze me, at what a fluent writer you are, and how you have the time to be so creative with all your posts! I guess my excuse lately is well, you'll have to email me for that.. Love you so much!!!

Mandy said...

OOOh so cute!! She is looks so good in it! It will strenghten her neck muscles and back so much!! I am so excited she is able to use it! Yah!! I love both fabrics!! And no we don't mind you changing it!! Girls are so much more different than boys that I would do the same!! So glad to help, you are amazing and love to see her doing so well!!

Angela said...

I like the bottom fabric!

Anonymous said...

I like the bottom one. She is really doing great! How about calling it the throne.

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

I like the damask and no you're not a dork about wanting your princess to match.. it's a woman gene ingrained in us for some weird reason... blows my hubs mind... And about the damask I like the bottom one.

Andrea said...

I like the damask--I can't choose between the two. Either one would be pretty.

kidzorg.blogspot.com said...

I guess I just need to realize every time I come to your blog I'm going to sit and cry.

Suzi said...

I like the funky/retro damask. As for a name.......not so sure on this one.

Josie said...

Sorry, maybe I shouldnt be commenting since you have no clue who I am... anyway, fabric is one this I DO know! At Joann's they have some DARLING pink princess fabric that is totally silky- I wonder if maybe she would like something like that, does she like to run things? Silky stuff seems to be one thing all kids love! Dunno, just a sugestion!

Keri said...

'You're killing me Smalls!' I think it's awesome that you're so concerning about matching her outfits with the fabric. It wouldn't be right if you didn't. After all, Chloe IS a princess!

I'm opting for the Ebay damask. It's way cool!

I heart dorks!

Keri said...

BTW, super fab photo of Chloe holding her head up high! Way to go little chicka!

BloggessJ said...

I like the damask idea. But I think Kim's idea of "slipcovers" for all the different holidays is a neat idea too. Gonna have to think on the name idea.

Anonymous said...

That thingy is awesome!
I like the second black and white pattern. I think that's a good idea.

Merinda Reeder said...

With the majority, I like the second fabric - but geometric shapes appeal to me more. I like patterns. I also think the slipcover idea is BRILLIANT. Very clearly already pushing Chloe to strong neck futures. I don't know what to call it; but I think it is FABULOUS.

Celine said...

I like the bottom damask best Tara! It's simply gorgeous!
As for a name for the thingie...I think your other bloggy friends came up with great names and The Throne sounds great! ;o)

jennifersusan said...

I really like both damasks! What a great idea! I am like you. I'm very concerned about things matching outfits or seasons, or what about growing out of a phase. Like, Rose loves TinkerBell right now, but somedays she likes boy things better. I'm trying to give her a good balance of both. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Great job, Chloe! She's doing so great with all her new goodies!