Pages

8.21.2009

Pop Culture

A couple things about pop culture I had to share.....

First up, let me just say - Oby and I watch pretty much all the trashy vh1 reality shows. I don't really like them, but Oby watches them when he gets home from work, just to decompress. The one I hate the most: The Rev - bugs. The one I like the best: Brooke Knows Best.


It just makes me laugh and reminds me of when I was single. And even though Brookie seems a bit desperate for stardom, I think overall she's a pretty cool girl, I'd probably be friends with her if we were to meet. LOL why am I even saying this? Oh yes, to my point....

TWICE in the past week, I have been told by complete strangers that I look like Brooke Hogan! What?!?!? I don't see it. Okay, maybe my hot bod, but other than that (lol!!!)....



Okay, I actually do see it in this photo. This is so me (just the 'tude, not much else)....


The second thing has a back story: When Chloe is in her wheelchair, sometimes (okay, a lot) her little head gets tired and falls forward. We always say, "Where's your head?" or "Get your head up!" And she always brings her head right back up. Well, when we were in Bear Lake, Oby's dad spent a lot of time with Chloe pushing her around in her wheelchair, and when her head would fall forward he would always say in a big papa bear voice, "Get your head up!"

Okay, so onto the pop culture story. Have you heard this song by LMFAO? It is dirty and terrible, but my sweet little innocent daughter must believe that her papa is singing this song directly to her. When she hears it, she goes WILD. I feel bad letting my pure daughter listen to a song about taking off polka-dot bikinis, but she's so innocent, it's okay right? Seriously, listen to it, when they say "Get your head (or sometimes hands) up!" it sounds EXACTLY like how Oby's dad says it! Chloe can't get enough of it....





6 comments:

Nana said...

O.k. you have done it!!!! Papa thinks he's hip now. No, he just saw this comment and actually said " I always knew I was. It's the rest of you that don't know what hip is." Thanks Tara.

Mel said...

That is too funny!! I can just see her going crazy to that "fun" song!! LOL:)

Sera said...

I love trashy tv!!! I think I will need to come see your new home in October.

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

I think you have the bod of Brooke Hogan although I have to say you are much much more beautiful! This made me laugh because just the other day Kenzie was in a horrible screaming mood I decided to turn some music on and dance around with her. It was the song- get your freak on- the edited version. Ryan came in and was like are you seriously playing this song for Makenzie.. LOL.. Hey it helped her calm down! What we wouldnt do for our babes...
I txt Oby to ask him for your address but never heard back- GOSH! I was just wondering if you could email it to me so I can send you an announcement.
my email- kendogg1987@hotmail.com
THanks!!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh sweet chloe, how cute is that?

And yes, you do look like Brooke Hogan in a good way!

Tyler & Shannon Higgins said...

oh how sweet!