Pages

9.07.2008

GRANDparents

I know, I know.... Grandparent's Day is a made-up holiday, but I think it is important to acknowledge the wonderfulness of grandparents! Chloe is oh-so-blessed to have some fab grandparents, and I honestly do not know what I would do without them!

Chloe Gayle is named after my mom Bonnie Gayle. They really do have a special bond. Chloe lights up when she sees her Grammy! She spends almost as much time with her Grammy as she does with me. Some may call this 'pawning your child off on a grandparent.' I call it 'survival.'
Chloe looks a lot like Oby's mom did when she was a baby. They have the exact same color of eyes. They are both seriously goofy girls. Chloe loves her Nana!


Chloe loves my dad! They have this game they play where they cough to get each other's attention. She honestly can't handle it if Papa's in the room and not focused 100% on her, so she coughs to make sure he's on track. Spoiled? Um.... ya think???
Chloe and Papa Mike have a mild crush on each other. I'm serious. Look at the adoration in both of their eyes! No one makes Chloe laugh as much as her Papa.... especially when he sings 70's rock songs (Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog being his favorite) and she just goes wild when he counts to five. They are just two peas in a pod I tell ya.

6 comments:

MOLLY said...

i'm looking at blogs at 6 am, what a way to pass time.. but i always love yours, it's always fun and interesting ;)

Merinda Reeder said...

Not to interrupt your Grandparents post, but O MY GOOD FREAKING HECK!
Tara I am so glad you found me! I lost you before and I've periodically wondered how you are and what life is doing in your world. I am so glad to find you. Yay!
And yes, grandparents are fabulous. :)
-Mindy TEC

Anonymous said...

Tara!

I've thought about you so much over the last ten years, but lost you somewhere. My comment has NOTHING to do with grandparents, but I just hoped I could get a hold of you again! Feel free to email me: jseamjohnson@hotmail.com

I miss you! Your family looks so beautiful!

Shelly (Williams) Johnson

Spence said...

Hey Tara,

Man, with this blog thing the world seems to get smaller and smaller. I'm glad you came across my blog and feel free to comment all you want on it.

You look happy and your family is beautiful - and you deserve all of it. You were always a person I admired for your good nature/heart - even though in high school you wouldn't be caught dead saying something like that...

Jamie said...

Can I just say these are the cutest pictures ever. I love reading your blog. I'll try to be better at updating mine. Love Ya,
Jamie

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

You are so good to remember Grandparent's day! I had all the good intentions of doing something for them and then, I forget! That is so me though, so forgetful! Cherished photos.. Um speaking of forgetful are we going to get together or what?!?!?! Love ya!