Pages

11.29.2008

80 Years and Counting

My grandpa is turning 80-years-old on Monday, so we had a celebration today. Grandpa spent a few years doing missionary work in Hawaii and kind of has a thing for Hawaii (who wouldn't???) so the party was appropriately a luau! There was delicious food, polynesian dancers, and the decorations were fabulous (what can I say, I was kind of in charge of the decor).



My grandpa has lived a life of service, hard work, and commitment to God and family. He is a wonderful example to me and to the many others who were there to show their love and support to him today.



We love you Grandpa!
(We'd like it if you'd spend four more scores with us!!!)

7 comments:

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

What a fun time it sounds like you all had! Happy Birthday Grandpa :-)

And OMG, those pictures of your babe Chloe in the sidebar are just adorable! I always smile when I visit your blog because of her cute face (and your cute blog of course, hehe).

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, Grandpa! When was he in Hawaii? Josh's great-grandfather was in Hawaii negotiating for land for the temple. Wonder if their paths ever crossed?

Your family looks so happy, by the way.

Natalia said...

Aloha!

What a fun party. Happy Birthday to your Grandpa.

Mahalo for sharing it with us :)

Mel said...

Looks like so much fun! Grandpa's are the bestest!!:)

Mel said...

Looks like so much fun! Grandpa's are the bestest!!:)

Jen said...

Wonderful 80th party! Everyone looks so happy celebrating his life with him.

Blessings,
Jen

Jessica said...

Thanks for the pics. I am living vicariously through your blog. It looks like the party was fun. At least I was able to wish him happy birthday over the phone.