Pages

11.21.2008

TGI Friday Night!

Unless we have some sort of family function, Friday nights are usually for staying in. Oby is exhausted after a week of long work hours and school studying, paper-writing, and test-taking. So we do something easy for dinner, watch a flick, and just relax. It's so nice! Tonight we mixed things up a bit and threw in a new aspect to our fun Friday nights. We finally got ourselves a..... drumroll please....




It was actually supposed to be a surprise Christmas gift, but

I can't keep a secret!!!


As much fun as our Friday nights are, they're usually over pretty quick, because Oby's exhausted and hits the hay early. I pretend to be sad and wish he'd stay up longer. But as soon as we kiss goodnight, my frown turns right upside down and I get to my little routine.....




DVR Remote: Check.

Diet Dr Peper: Check.

Laptop: Check.



Okay, looks like I'm all set!....






I love my husband and I love my baby, but I need some me time and trashy shows now and again.... So hooray for Friday nights!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I like nights like that too. It's just so quiet that I usually fall asleep on the couch.

I have an award for you on my blog:)

http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2008/11/awarded-again.html

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Isn't the WII fun? We don't have many games, but I like the bowling:) As far as "me" time-- I understand completely. Sometimes we just need to get away from it all with escapism--trashy TV, books, whatever. I think I'd go insane if I didn't do that:)

LORI said...

I HEAR YA, SISTER! MY FAVES ARE FLIP THAT HOUSE, PROPERTY LADDER, AND ANYTHING ON BRAVO! SUCH A COMPLETE TIME-SUCK, BUT I LOVE THEM!

Ash said...

I love, Love, LOVE The Starter Wife!!!!!

I'm going to be so depressed when this season runs its course.

Em

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love you. I love your blog. Period.