Pages

2.12.2009

Kidz Kick-Off!

I'm sure most of you know about my little side project, the kidz blog. If you don't know about kidz, let me explain what it is:


It is a site that celebrates the lives and lessons of special needs children, a.k.a. kidz. It is a site for everyone, not just friends and families of kidz. The mission is to increase awareness and understanding about different health conditions and to help all people cope with challenges and enjoy life!


Well, I just really got going on this in December, and I've met so many amazing people, and hopefully helped those amazing people connect with other amazing people as well. But I know there are so many more people out there who will enjoy kidz and/or benefit from the stories and other insights that are shared on the blog. So I'm throwing a kick-off party to get everyone to help me spread the word!....







Copy & paste the following code into your blog or website




Every day next week I will be giving away two prizes: one for you and one for the kiddos. Those gifts will be given to people who leave comments, so come by often and comment! But the good news? For everyone who does a post with the kick-off button and link, and tells their readers a bit about kidz..... they will be entered into a drawing for some hard-core fabulous prizes! What exactly constitutes 'hard-core fabulous'? Okay, I'll just tell you....



2nd runner up: $50 gift certificate to Zappos (only the best on-line shoe store ever!)


1st runner up: $100 gift certificate to IKEA.


Grand Prize: $200 gift certificate to Target.



So.... just do a post letting people know about kidz and the kick-off party and the many opportunities to win prizes next week, and you will be entered to win one of those three fantastic prizes! Then after you've done the post, head over to kidz to find out exactly how to put yourself in the drawing.

Friends and family? You can play too! (In fact, please do). If there's anyone who reads this and doesn't have a blog? You can play too! Just cc me (kidzorg.blogspot@gmail.com) in an email you forward to anyone you know who might enjoy kidz or if the people you know might know someone else who would enjoy/benefit from reading the kidz blog. And voila, you'll be entered into the drawing as well! Or if you have a blog, do a post, but know people who don't read your blog who might be interested in kidz, then you can do both and be entered to win TWICE!

Thanks for your help in spreading the word!

22 comments:

Marie said...

Tara,
I love this idea. I work with so many families who benefit from connections like your Kidz blog can make. I support you 100%. Hopefully I am smart enough to figure out how to get that info in my blog.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I have been meaning to add your button! Thank you! You and Chloe are Fabulousness personified. I'm just a piker to the throne! I love her Valentines clothes, such a cutie pie!

Natalia said...

I have been missing your blogs! I feel like I'll never have enough time to catch up, but I'm going to try, lol.

I think Kidz is a phenomenal blog and I hope you get lots of new readers,

Nat

Andrea said...

Done! :)

Amanda said...

I'm all over that! I support you 100%, you're totally amazing, Tara.

Heatherlyn said...

I'm going to put that on my side. I think what you are doing is really wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I love it.

Unknown said...

Tara, I am totally going to join your kidz partay...I just have to pull my head out, so bear with me.

I will also refrain from using bad words on my posts to you. It will be hard. That is all.

Keri said...

Tara, in case I forgot to mention it, allow me to do it now... You are AMAZING! Unfortunately my brain is farting which makes it hard to find the right words to tell you just how awesome kidz iz. Seriously, being a parent of a special needs child, this absolutely melts my heart! Thank you a gazillion times over for putting something so wondeful and phenomenal together! Rock on with your bad self!

Mandy said...

Tara you are so amazing!! I honestly don't know how you do it all!! You manage to take care of your little one, do two seperate blogs, and still manage to look wonderful in all the process. I am lucky to get mine off to school and read a few posts and get stuff done and then if I am lucky I can shower! :) NO seriously you amaze me and I love to read your posts!! Fun all the time! We have posted and will post again on Sat. Good luck next week it will be fun!!

Celine said...

YAY for the kick off party of Kidz!
Your button has been on my blog for a while but I'm going to do a special post about Kidz today!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think you are a beautiful person, doing a beautiful thing! You inspire me everyday!!!

BIG BLOGGY HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful idea. I plan to post about it on V-day since it seems a great way to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Those are some good prizes!

Grand Pooba said...

For schizzle? Good prizes! I can tell KIDZ is very important to you!

Emma said...

I love giveaways!!! But I also love you guys so that is why I have posted this today. Hopefully you will have a lot of response!!! I sent your blog to the principal of Baxter's school and he was so impressed he sent it out to all of the teachers!! You and Chloe have touched many lives!!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

I got your button added. I hope you have great success with this!

Mindy said...

I love this! I'll be adding your button and talking you up on my blog next week!! I'm heading over to check it all out right now =)

AndreaLeigh said...

that is so awesome! i'm posting!

BPOTW said...

I think Kidz is such a great blog. You're doing a wonderful thing :)

Thanks for sharing with everyone and with BPOTW!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Great! I just put the button on my blog:)

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

I blogged about it!

http://shaleeclarkmarriedlife.blogspot.com/2009/02/kidz.html

You are an amazing woman, I hope you know that.