Pages

11.11.2009

Chloe's All-Terrain Chair and My All-Time Favorite Smile

We are so blessed. Truly.

Last night Oby came home from work with a pink, all-terrain special needs stroller, that was given to us by his co-worker. It is in PERFECT shape. It was used for their special needs daughter from age 10-24. I can see why. It is huge. Look how tiny (and cute!) Chloe looks in it!....



(For anyone interested, it's from The Baby Jogger Co. and is the Special Needs III-16).

The update on Chloe's tooth is that it is growing on me. No, it's more than that, actually. I love it. I know that sounds strange. It's not a perfect smile like it used to be, and it's my fault, and it should be a constant reminder to me of my imperfections as a mother. BUT when she smiles so big and her tooth is missing, it actually just makes me feel SO lucky to be her mother. She is so forgiving and happy and loves me, even though I'm imperfect.



It's actually her imperfections that make me realize how truly perfect she is in the eyes of the Lord..... All the attributes that really matter -- she's got 'em.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
(2nd Corinthians 12:9)



I feel so privileged to be her mother.

5 comments:

Diane said...

she is just gorgeous!!!

score on the stroller!!!! how nice of them!

Amanda said...

Hurray, about the stroller, that's so awesome!! You'll be using that for years and years to come :)

She truly is a blessing and you're a wonderful mother!

Grand Pooba said...

I love her toothless smile too! Heck, I'd love her smile if she had no teeth at all!

Anonymous said...

Marcus' exact same tooth broke during an "incident" as well and of course, I felt like the worst mother in the world. Funny that you say that it's growing on you b/c we think Marcus' toothless smile fits in perfectly with his rascally-ness!

April said...

Oh I think her toothless grin is SO adorable! You are such a cute pair!