Pages

11.09.2009

Where I Land

I don't know, maybe it's because it's the month of thankfulness .... I have just been overwhelmed with gratitude for my support network lately. My husband, our families, my friends, my blog network.... I am truly and utterly grateful to have them all. There are days when I don't know how to get through a problem or frustration on my own, and then undoubtedly, I am inundated with help, support, kind words.... it is truly uplifting and comforting to know that they are there.

Sometimes my husband is the person I need to give my emotions a logical perspective, and of course his big, sweet hugs always help as well!

Lots of times I need my mom to watch Chloe for 5 minutes or just to give a listening ear. What would I do if she didn't live next door!?!? It's countless how many times I need Mom or Dad to help me out with a project or Chloe or something, and they are ALWAYS there, supporting me 100%. They always have been. Always.

Oby's family is so supportive and fabulous. Ya know, I hear all the time about "the dreaded in-laws" and I am so grateful that my relationship with my in-laws is completely absent of any dread. I feel truly blessed to have such a positive and loving relationship with them. They make me laugh, they adore Chloe, they support us whenever we need it. Amazing.

I have so many friends who call, check in, help out, take time out of their busy lives just to go to lunch or stop in just to say hi. There are friends I call when I need a laugh. Friends who are awesome at giving advice about hair or fashion. Friends who are great to reminisce with. Friends who are my spiritual advisers. Friends who are great listeners and fun story-tellers, and share my love for shopping and/or lunch dates. There are friends I don't talk with or see often, but who I keep in close touch with via blogging, email, or facebook. They say good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you always know they're there. I have a lot of friends like that. And even though I don't see them, I know I could count on them if I needed to.

And then there's my blogging network. To anyone who hasn't formed true friendships via blogging, it might seem completely insane... But believe me when I say that I have made sincere connections with people in this way. Especially given our special circumstances with Chloe, I have been able to "meet" people who understand me on a level that others could not. I have come to know their children, their families, their joys, their despairs, and shared in those things with them. I can't tell you how many times I come across a blog post that I swear was written just to help me through my day. Blogging has become such a crucial part of my support network. Those friendships are different from any friend I thought I might have, but they are real friendships and I cherish them!

And to my very special, very wonderful support network, I'd like to dedicate the song "Where I Land" by JJ Heller to you. It's become a recent favorite, and whenever I hear it, my heart is just filled with gratitude for all the people who help me in so many ways. Maybe you don't even realize it, but trust me. I couldn't survive without you all! Thank you for giving me a place to land....


You’re different from the way I thought you’d be
But here you are in front of me
So full of light I watch it overflow
A lovely mystery

And I am lost for words
You’re more than I deserve

You have a way of stirring up my soul
Did you know
When you hold me in your arms the way you do
It feels like coming home

And I am lost for words
You’re more than I deserve
And when I cannot stand
You are where I land

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Shelly said...

I love you, Tara!

April said...

true friends are such wonderful treasures! Thank YOU for your sweet friendship!

Kristina said...

What a great post and a lovely song. I think I have seen more GOOD in people over the last 2 years since Emma joined me that in the previous 32 years! It's amazing how she can bring out the best in people!

I LOVE the new look of your blog! You are so creative - wherever do you find the time???? I'm working on making a bit more time for me and started working out at the gym at least 2x/week. I have to get myself in better health!

Oh, and meant to say I read Blue Sky July yesterday. I ordered it from Amazon and couldn't put it down. It only took about 3 hours, but it is a TOTALLY AMAZING story. I felt like I could have wrote the first couple of chapters - it spoke to me that much - and the remaining chapters are filled with such light and hope. If you haven't read it, I think you should - you'll love it!

Nana said...

We love you too!!! Thank you for not dreading us.

Amanda said...

What a wonderful post, Tara!

Anonymous said...

Tara, thank you for all you do to allow for all of us "special" families to meet and connect and be greatly encouraged!!!

Heatherlyn said...

I agree that a good support network literally uplifts a person during life. And who doesn't need a boost every once in a while? Or every day? :)

Bennett Bunch said...

This brings tears to my eyes. Chole is such a special little girl and she is so lucky to have you as a mom and Oby as a dad!