Pages

11.15.2009

White Trash

Today I had another epiphany.

This was not a good one.

We are white trash.

Since we moved, family functions and bad nights/lazy mornings have caused us to miss church most weeks, so we're still very "new" to everyone. Except Oby who is best friends with all the guys because he never misses out on church sports. And it's funny that I don't know hardly anyone considering this is the very ward I grew up in, but this darn city has grown so much in the past decade, it's hard to keep track of the next door neighbors!....

Whoops, getting off the subject. I do that a lot.

So anyway, this morning we made it to church, and a guy came up to meet us. He was asking where we lived, and we described the location, the recent remodel, but what he identified was,

"Oh, you're the goat people!"

I'm not sure there is a lower class of people than that. The goat people. Hmph!

Then later in the afternoon, we were going next door to see my parents. Oby was in his "lazy clothes" aka workout shorts and a t-shirt, which is fine. But then I realized that he didn't have shoes on! Yes, it snowed yesterday and is very cold. But he wasn't wearing shoes! And, hello, have you seen his feet? Talk about snaggle toes!

And do I really need to bring up the fact that Chloe has snaggle teeth?

Then what do we do with our night? You guessed it. Played poker (I was the proud winner, by the way), watched Nascar and hunting shows while Oby flipped through a Cabella's catalog.

Okay, I made up the Nascar, hunting shows & Cabella's aspects for dramatic effect, but just because we didn't do that today doesn't mean we don't do that stuff. We do!

Don't try to deny it, you know it's true. We're white trash all the way.

p.s. I didn't lie about beating everyone in poker. I rock like that.

That's right. I may be white trash, but I rock.

6 comments:

Diane said...

lol you crack me up! goat people! :)

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha! The Goat People! That is hilarious. Now you just need to put a dirty couch on your porch with a bunch of empty budweiser cans scattered on the ground.

taynorseth said...

Yep, you are white trash, hillbillies.

Shelly said...

Did I miss something? Goat people? I'll have to reread that.

And my grampa watches hunting shows, my dad and my husband flip through Cabela's magazines, my daughters are also snaggle tooth(s), I often wear no shoes, and now we're just plain squatters at my sister's house. I feel your pain.

And, yes, I'm sooo not surprised that you rock at poker. You're sneaky!

Shelly said...

Oh, wait...

Did you do the goat impression for him?

Mrs. Bennett said...

Well our baby has no bedroom, sleeps in the dining room where the ceiling is partially wholey from our past roof leaking issues. That is more WT (as I like to call it).