Pages

2.11.2010

Week in Review

Chloe had an eventful week, as usual. Here are some highlights!....

Chloe with the butterfly craft she made in nursery


Chloe swinging with her OT, Allison


Chloe at lunch with her friends Lucy & Mason


Chloe in the stander at PT

She is still making huge strides with her physical abilities. She's using her hands a lot more, bringing them to mid-line, sleeping better and longer, holding her head up better, sitting without assistance for 10-20 seconds at a time, learning to bear weight on her arms, her Nystagmus is non-existent as far as I can tell, and she is just as chatty and pleasant as she can be! And all of this after we have weaned her from almost all of her prescriptions. She is still on half doses of a couple prescriptions, and we plan to wean her completely within a month or so. We attribute all of her advancements to our visit with Dan Nelson, as well as drinking the water he recommends.

In other news, I attended the Syracuse City work meeting on Tuesday, and the city council made an official decision on the location of Chloe's Sunshine Playground.... They have approved to donate land at Legacy Park for our project! I'm doing some prep work so that once the city releases their formal resolution on the matter, I can hit the ground running with all my plans! I'll keep you posted!!!

10 comments:

The Pachuilo Family said...

Way to go Chloe! Sounds like she is taking huge steps. We are so proud of you!
Good luck with the park, if there is anything I can do up here in WA let me know. Posting something on my blog, emails, whatever. It sounds so great!

Mel said...

I am so excited for your playground project!!! So glad that it gets to be at Legacy Park, what a perfect place!!

Chloe is as cute as ever!! I am so happy that she is progressing so well!! Yay Chloe (and mommy, too)!!!

Marie said...

You two gals are amazing- you do it all! Congrats to Chloe again on all her progress. I am so excited for the playground to come together. Yeah!
P.S. We enjoyed lunch! Thanks again!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm so happy Chloe is continuing to improve. I need to hug that girl!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy to hear of all that Chloe has accomplished in such a short amount of time! SOOO exciting! Way to go to Chloe and the whole family!

Nana said...

Yay Chloe!!!!!!!!!!! She is so darn cute. I can't wait to see her Sunday.

April said...

That is SO exciting!!
Chloe looks like she had a great week!

Chrystal said...

I am so glad that you are seeing such progress with Chloe!! Dan sure seems to work his magic :) Way to go Chloe!!!

Celine said...

She's so adorable! :)
I love me some cute Chloe!

Katy said...

Your playground project is so amazing!

Love hearing about how well she's doing off of medications. Charlie only takes one medicine adn I wish we could get rid of that one too!