Pages

3.02.2010

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day.

It was the first time in two weeks that I felt (almost) like a human being. I'd been fighting a beast of a flu and/or head cold. Thanks to my mom and Oby for helping out so much with Chloe. I was MIA in the mothering department for the majority of those two weeks. It was not pretty.

Anyway, but yesterday, the skies were blue, the sun was out, I was feeling MUCH better, and Chloe and I wore spring dresses! It's a crazy time of year in Utah where it's warm and sunny and nice down in the valley, but the ever-present mountains are still covered with snow. It's pretty, but feels weird walking around in flip-flops and short sleeves when the snow-covered mountains are staring down at you!....



Chloe got an A+ at Occupational Therapy yesterday. She was like a rock star on the swing, supporting her own body for 10-20 seconds at a time and using her little hands like a champ!.....



Her OT, Lori, was SO impressed, that she rewarded Chloe by taking her on the slide! If Chloe would sit up for at least 10 seconds, Lori would zoom down the slide with her! Chloe thinks counting is HILARIOUS, so it's hard to keep serious when we try to get her to sit up for 10 seconds. After we get to about 5, Chloe loses it. She is such a nut! (not sure where she gets it from? ha!) We were finally able to convince her that counting isn't that funny after all, so she did her 10-second intervals....



And she got to slide down!....




Yesterday I experienced the first of probably many bumps in the road along my journey with the accessible playground. It ended up working itself out by the end of the day, but in the meantime, I was a stress case, so Chloe and I decided to walk it off. It was amazing going on a walk with my daughter and just talking about everything with her. She's the *best* listener and always gives me big, optimistic smiles that tell me life is good, and remind me to not worry about a thing!....

11 comments:

The Henrys said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better, and got to enjoy such a beautiful day with your beautiful daughter.

I'm a little jealous of the good weather!

The Pachuilo Family said...

I stinks being sick! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. And what a great time to feel better when the weather is beautiful. We get out whenever we can.
I just love Chloe's sunglasses, she is always so stylish!
Way to go Chloe, sitting up for 10 sec. is amazing! Keep up the good work, were cheering for you!

Becky said...

Beautiful post my friend. The pictures are beautiful. I miss her smile. So infectious!!! :) I'm slightly jealous that you're wearing flip flops...I still have four feet in my yard. (of snow)

Grand Pooba said...

That's awesome Chloe is doing so well in Occupational Therapy! It cracks me up that she thinks counting is hilarious! What a cute little booger!

Reaching the Stars step by step said...

Glad you are feeling better lady..Good days are the best praying many many more ur way

ParkerMama said...

Tara, I honestly didn't realize that you were also in Utah.

How great is that?

(Please don't tell me that we have actually met and I've just spaced it. My mind these days is like swiss cheese. :) )

Where do you take Chloe for PT? Cause Wowza! That looks like some very fun stuff.

And thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post on Parker's blog. I really enjoyed having you share your heart.

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com
@ParkerMama on Twitter

jocalyn said...

Tara, I always love reading your "sunny" outlook on everything. Your blog is such a breath of fresh air :)

Looks like you had a beautiful day with a beautiful little girl!

April said...

What a beautiful day with your beautiful smiley girl! Keep getting better! xo!

Katy said...

I bet that smile makes lots of things better!

LisaL said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! I love the picture of Chloe in front of the mountains - looks like she is saying "YESSSS!" Adorable (as always!!)

Jen said...

Wow- Chloe is really growing up. Such sweet photos of her.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!