Pages

5.08.2010

Three Years

This year Chloe's birthday lands on Mother's Day.... It's got me thinking more than usual about the day of her birth.

Perfect. Beautiful. Big blue eyes. Button nose. Lovely lips (I had been worried about those lips - they were HUGE in her 3D ultrasounds!). Long skinny fingers. 10 little wiggly piggies. Sweet smell.

To be honest, I was scared to be a mother. I didn't think I would be good at it. Being completely responsible of such a tiny, precious little bundle.... I just didn't know if I was capable of such a responsibility. But I promised my little angel that I would do everything I could.

She was just 4-days-old on my first Mother's Day. It was the first morning she woke up at home. Oby got her dressed....


She was the most perfect Mother's Day gift I could ever have imagined!

This was also the first day that she decided to let us know that she wasn't here to be a "typical" child. She took us on a wild ride that first Mother's Day. She spiked a fever out of nowhere. We were told to bring her in to the ER. They had to do a spinal tap and some other tests to rule out any serious illnesses. A spinal tap on a four-day-old - MY four-day-old. I had to go to the other side of the hospital or I would have grabbed that huge spinal tap needle and stuck it in the guy who was planning to stick it in my baby's spine. Oby held her while they did it.

Every day since then has been Mother's Day for me.... a constant reminder that Chloe needs me and loves me completely. A constant reminder of the love and joy she has brought to my life....


Every day since has also been a wild ride. Highs and lows, and going by soooo fast! I actually registered her for preschool last week. Can you believe it? She'll be starting preschool this fall. Wasn't it just yesterday I was counting all her toes????

We threw a Rainbow Brite Luau last night to celebrate Chloe's third birthday. It was a hit. Here's a little sneak peek....




Thank you, Chloe, for believing in me to be a good mom, in helping me learn how to be a good mom, in helping me learn how to be a better person every day. It's a privilege that someone so pure looks at me with those eyes, and every once in a while calls me, "Mama." Thank you for being you.... such a bundle of joy and surprise and perspective. Love you, girl! xo

7 comments:

April said...

I can't imagine a more beautiful mother's day gift than Chloe. HAPPY Mothers day and HAPPY birthday Chloe! We love you!!

Shelly said...

Happy birthday, Chloe!!! She is just the sweetest thing ever! I love the Rainbow Brite Luau!!! Her smile just makes me happy!

You are a good momma. Better than you'll ever know. You inspire me! I hope you realize that you are the perfect mommy for that perfect little girl!

Happy Mommy's Day, my friend!

jennohara said...

Love it! What a beautiful Mother's Day gift! Happy Mother's Day to you, Tara...and Happy 3rd Birthday to you, Chloe!! Can't wait to see more pics of the luau!

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe! You look great in rainbows :-)

Happy Mother's Day to you, Tara. Enjoy this perfect day!

Mel said...

She looks so cute all dressed up for her Luau!! Happy Birthday, Chloe... and Happy Mothers Day, Tara!!

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Happy Mother's Day Tara. Happy Birthday Chloe. You both touch my heart.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the most beautiful little girl ever, and Happy Mother's Day to you, Tara. You are SO inspiring to me. Thank you.