Pages

7.23.2010

Bear Lake For Heaven's Sake!

Today both Oby and I had off work and no obligations for the majority of the day. This was a one in a million opportunity we had to spend the day together doing something fun as a family. And you know us.... when opportunity knocks, we answer!

I just dragged Oby and Chloe along with me for a couple appointments in the morning, then we went on our way. We decided a day trip to Bear Lake would be a good time, and we were RIGHT. I couldn't have asked for a better day with my two sweeties....


We stopped at our favorite place to eat, Laketown Drive In. It looks like a dive, but I tell ya what, they know how to grill up a mean burger and the onion rings are DIVINE! Don't worry, I saved up all my weight watchers points just for our little pit stop and it was worth it. Yummy!

Chloe has been the BEST eater lately. We've been talking about and researching g-tubes for a few weeks because this string bean is just too skinny and it's starting to be a concern. She must have overheard us and made the executive decision that she doesn't want a g-tube because she has been eating more than most adults lately. This morning she had so much for breakfast, that it took me an hour just to feed it all to her. Then today at lunch she ate the majority of our milkshake and almost an entire order of large fries! Go Chloe!!!....


We had a great time at the beach. The temperature was perfect with just a slight breeze. Plus it was beautiful, as Bear Lake always is....


This girl kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked. She's going to sleep good tonight!....


But when she got out of the water, she was FREEZING! She shivered and snuggled and basked in the sun....




Back to work tomorrow. BOO!

7 comments:

The Pachuilo Family said...

Chloe is getting so big, I can't believe it. She looks like she is having the time of her life, just kicking away. She is adorable!
What a great idea, those mini vacations are the best, even when it's only a day.

Becky said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! I see SO much of Chloe in Oby.

Adriane said...

Aww, she looks like she's having so much fun! Adorable!

Gangwer said...

Oh how I wish I could just go to Bear Lake for a day!!!

April said...

What a wonderful day to spend with your sweet family! I'm so glad she's eating! How fun!! Hope to see you soon!! xo

Grand Pooba said...

For heaven's sake! LOL

I love bear lake, that looks too fun!

(I got your email! I just haven't written back yet :o) love ya!!)

Jae Marie said...

This kid of yours is ALWAYS smiling. What a great spirit she must be to have around. I love her!! =)

*hugs from Michigan*