Pages

3.08.2011

Pinterest!!!


I've tried mentioning Pinterest on the sly a few times on my blog, a few times on facebook, but it seems that nobody's curious about my subtle suggestions. Apparently Pinterest needs its own post to get the recognition it deserves.

Pay attention, folks!

I know you're thinking, 'What is Pinterest?' Well, be patient, I'm going to tell you more about it than you ever wanted to know. I know I'm not the only one who dog-ears corners of magazines and catalogs to mark those things I wish I could get.... shoes, earrings, a dress for Chloe, a cool gadget for Oby, a diy idea, and the like.

You do it too, right?

So. Imagine a place that allows you to "dog ear" pictures of things you find on the internet.... anywhere on the internet, and organize it into categories onto your own little website of sorts. Then you have one easy place to look back at all these wonderful things -- and the images are linked to the site where you found them! Squeal! I know what you're thinking (because I thought it too -- at first).... Isn't this just like bookmarking a page? Um, sort of, but much easier to manage! PLUS, if your friends join in on the fun, you can both see the things you're both loving. Think gift ideas. Think of never being bored ever again.


Like a particular store? See what others have pinned from that website!
Planning a bathroom remodel? Get ideas!
Wish you were Zooey Deschanel? Try to copy her style!
Home decorating? DIY ideas? Gift guides?
Obsessed with all things yellow?
Planning a wedding? Need a new hairstyle?
Love houndstooth?
Does your daughter get up 5-10 times each night
and even though you're exhausted, sometimes it's hard to get back to sleep?
Heck, search everything anyone has ever pinned!!!
I bet you'll never guess, but that's how I got started!


This is a great marketing tool,
so if you have something to market....
Also, it's a great way to find new things
and new sites that have fabulous things
because they're out there trying to market
with images of their best items.
Get it? Love it!

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Have I convinced you yet?
Because I can keep going if you want!

Pinterest is so addicting and fun and free and lovely and inspiring and wonderful!
You do need to be invited to participate, so if you'd like an invite, shoot me an email and I'll get you into my elite club ;)
manntar@hotmail.com

Pinterest
The Place Where Posh People Pin


I just came up with that on my own.
I swear, I should be in marketing.


***Want to see my Pinterest boards? Go here!***

I know what some of you may be thinking....
"Shame, shame, shame, Tara. Thou shalt not covet."
Dreaming is SO different from coveting!
Dreaming lights a spark! It inspires! It uplifts!
It's okay, encouraged even, to seek after lovely things!


By the way,
I was not paid or motivated in any way to create this post.
I really just enjoy Pinterest
and would love to parouse if my friends and family
joined in on the fun!!!
I think it would be a roof-raisin' good time!
The end.

4 comments:

jocalyn said...

:) i received an acceptance e-mail to my application or whatever...but haven't looked any further into it. but after this post, how could i not?!?!

as always, thanks for sharing your cool finds with us!

Tina H said...

love, love, love it. however, I can't seem to pin - just repin. any suggestions?

Nicole said...

I just started pinning and I was writing a blog post about Pinterest when I found your post! I linked your post to my blog because the explanation you gave is so AMAZING!

nmslania@blogspot.com

Debi said...

I am a pinning maniac. I'm trying to get the word out too. C'mon people! Pinterest ROCKS!!