Pages

9.18.2011

Goodbye, Good Friend

The first time Oby took me to his parent's house when we were dating was the night of his sister's wedding. So no one was home except their dog, Two Dot. Oby mentioned there was a dog, then ran to use the restroom. So while I was sitting on the couch waiting for Oby, this relatively large dog comes into the room. Being a dog person, and a person who handled liability claims including dog bites, I thought she'd be a little hesitant meeting me this way, and I was a little hesitant about the situation myself. So I put my hand out for her to smell and "meet" me. She walked right over to me. She whisked past my hand, climbed up on me, and HUGGED me. She laid her head on my shoulder. And that was that, I've LOVED her every moment since.... even now that she is gone.











3 comments:

Jennie said...

What a hard time. So sorry she is gone. She looks like she was certainly one of the family.

Jenn said...

My sincerely apologies for your loss.

Cynthia said...

I am sorry! It's hard to lose a beloved pet.