Pages

1.10.2015

Chloe's Sunshine Playground Ground Breaking

FIVE years in the making and the day finally came that we were breaking ground on Chloe's Sunshine Playground! We were the recipients of a grant that put us over the edge of what we needed to complete the first phase (everything except the splash pad and updating the restrooms). So after some happy tears and a happy dance with Kresta, we got to planning the ground breaking. It. Was. Awesome.
 

They asked me to say a few things and I talked about how when I first learned Chloe had problems and first started having problems getting her in the swings and rolling her around playgrounds, I thought to myself, 'Somebody really needs to do something about this so there is an accessible playground in our area.' Then I realized I am somebody. And I did my part to initiate the process, but from big business donations to lemonade stand fundraisers, the playground is truly the work of a community coming together. And I am so grateful and so thrilled and so excited!

Chloe did the first scoop. The city gave us the shovel to keep forever. What a treasure!

It was an absolutely AMAZING night!


Here is a newspaper article about the funding and ground breaking: http://thenochildleftoutproject.blogspot.com/2014/07/chloes-sunshine-playground-funded.html

No comments: