Pages

11.09.2008

Finding an Invincible Summer

"In the depth of winter, we find within us an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus


Today after church, we went on a drive with my parents to Salt Lake.


We drove up to this view point. Isn't it lovely? Then we met up with Oby's parents and my mom's cousins Elder Sheldon and Sister Joan Child.


Elder and Sister Child were recently called to be the President and Matron of the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
This is quite a demanding calling. But they took time out of their very busy schedules, and invited us into their home to visit and to give Chloe a priesthood blessing. I held Chloe as my three main men (Oby, Dad, and Mike) along with President Child, placed their hands on Chloe's head. There was so much peace in my heart as I was surrounded by the strength of these humble, God-fearing men. Chloe was given a sacred blessing that filled my mind and heart with hope. I always have hope, and I've always found hopeful feelings when thinking of Chloe's condition..... But today was different. Today there was a feeling that turned my tiny flicker of hope into a bright burning flame. I am so grateful for hope, even if the things I hope for require patience, perseverance, and sometimes pain.... it's still there and undeniable - my invincible summer in the depth of winter.

Originally, this was the end of my post. Then I went to visit my blogger pal Queenie Jeannie and watched a video she had posted. It went so perfectly with my post about finding hope through Chloe's condition and disabilities..... I just HAD to add it! Please, if it's the only thing you do today, take 5 minutes and 18 seconds to watch this video. Just remember to pause my music over on the sidebar. Please, do this for yourself......



"....a testimony of God's glory, grace and perfection."

6 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

I don't even know what to say. But the tears are flowing. It is amazing what we can do when we have God's love in our hearts and a lot of determination. I know the power of the Priesthood is real. And I'm so happy that you have 3 dedicated and strong Priesthood holders in your family to give a loving blessing to Chloe. Doesn't it just make you so grateful that God gave us that gift. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the strength, joy and hope that it brings into our lives. Thank you for your testimony and for that amazing video. My heart is full.

Tabitha Blue said...

This is just amazing, wow. Thank you for sharing. It is a true testament, and I'm blessed and better for reading this and watching this. And I'm standing with you in prayer as well :)

Mel said...

The power of the Piesthood and Prayer is so real! I am so thankful for it! You are so lucky to have family who can give blessings to your beautiful daughter! Thanks for sharing.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good morning Tara!!

I was so pleased to wake up today and read your message! What a great God we serve!!!!!

You see, yesterday I NEEDED to hear that message and He knew I'd be wandering to Tina's blog to see it. And He also knew that I would post it on my blog so YOU would see it. And then YOU would post it to pass the blessing on. All our lives, woven together in His wonderous design.

Pretty cool stuff, huh?!?!?

I hope you have a happy, blessed and fabulous day! Today, and every day!

Anonymous said...

Great message! I have seen this video a couple of places but I haven't had a chance to watch it. I am going to watch it first thing when I get home!

Honey Mommy said...

That is so wonderful that Chloe got to receive that blessing!

It seems that everyone is talking "gloom and doom" lately. So I have been working on being hopeful too. Thanks for you message!