Pages

11.11.2008

I'm Lovin' My Award!



Becky of My Crazy Beautiful Life honored me on her blog and presented me with this award. Isn't it pretty? I wish I could showcase it on my mantel, but this will have to do. Thank you Becky! I'm lovin' your blog too!!!



So as recipient of this award, I am required to meet the following expectations:



1. Name 5 things you love,
2. Pass the award on to 5 blogs you love, and
3. Link back to the giver's blog and tell how fabulous they are.



Easy enough, here goes....



I LOVE



My husband. He gets up at 4:30 every morning, to go to work and support our little family. This morning before he left, he took the time to rub my back for a minute (it's been hurting the past few days) and tell me how much he loves me. Then he fixed a fresh bottle for Chloe and went on his way. Then he made dinner tonight. He makes me laugh. He is a good man. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you're all gagging about now!



Our families. I honestly, in my wildest imagination, cannot imagine life without my parents, Oby's parents, my Chloe, our siblings, our aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, etc.... We are close to both sides of our families. There's always a reason to get together and, the best part, eat yummy food! There's always support when we need it, someone to help with Chloe, a shoulder to cry on, prayers on our behalf, vacations, parties, blessings, baptisms.... I love it! We both have amazing families and I feel incredibly blessed because of it.



Chloe's Physicians and Therapists. I think they are best described in the words of the book I'm reading right now, Expecting Adam by Martha Beck. "You must know that people who spend their lives working with disabled children are the most accepting, loving, optimist-but-realistic human beings you could ever meet. To them, no child, no matter how disfigured or inept, deserves anything less than unconditional acceptance. [My son's] therapists probably don't know that I... got more from their sessions with [my son] than did [my son] himself. As I sat watching them, feeling kindess in the air around them, all the parts of me that I had sent to the Deepfreeze years before thawed and stretched and began to consider the idea that the world might not be altogether hostile." Beautiful words and so true. I love all the people who work with Chloe. They are special people and they bring special blessings to my life.



Ordinary Miracles. Last year at this time, we still weren't exactly sure what was wrong with Chloe, and therefore weren't treating her properly. She was crying almost 20 hours a day (she took short naps now and then). It was difficult on all of us. But now that we've figured things out and gotten her the treatment she so desperately needed, I can look back and be grateful that we went through that. Not because of that time, but because all the time after that awful period, I am able to appreciate and relish in the simplest of things. Just watching Chloe in a pleasant mood in her carseat, batting at her toys, brings me to tears almost every single day. Listening to her giggle and baby babble as she rests on the floor grabbing at stuffed animals takes me to my knees to express gratitude multiple times during the day. Again, to quote Martha Beck in her amazing book, "In [my son's] strange, not-quite-human way, he is constantly reminding me that real magic doesn't come from achieving the perfect appearance, from being Cinderella at the ball with both glass slippers and a killer hairstyle. The real magic is in the pumpkin, in the mice, in the moonlight; not beyond ordinary life, but within it."



Fall. Crisp, cool air. Homemade chili. Pie. Sweaters. Hats. Vests. Scarves. Pumpkins. Watching the leaves turn. Slowing down after a busy summer. Thanksgiving. Being with family. Preparing for Christmas. Love it!!!



BLOGS I LOVE



Jen at Creative and Curious Kids!. I think the title of her blog explains it all. She always has fun ideas to encourage children to explore their creative sides and curb their curiosity. Even though Chloe's a little young and unable to do most of the projects, I still anxiously await her next post so I can store the ideas away for another time! Thanks Jen!



The gals over at Simply Sisters. To quote them, this is "a blog for anyone who is a woman, a mother, a sister, an aunt, a Grandmother, a friend and a neighbor..etc., to be a part of. I hope I'm not being too presumptuous, but I wanted a place we could go online to find the latest recipes, fun things to do with your kids, a forum if you will to post your thoughts and ideas." What's not to love about that???



Kendra at Our Fantasy. I know Kendra because she is married to one of Oby's best buds. But I've really gotten to know her through her blog. She is so open and honest and real. She has a beautiful heart and incredible way of thinking. She is a wonderful photographer. Thank you for your insights and always posting things that uplift me and make my day!

Jessica, Mandy and Stacy at Little Birdie Secrets. They've already received an award and were featured as a Creative Blog this week, so they don't have to abide by the rules that go with this award, but I still want to spread the bloggy love where it's due and get people to go visit them. They share fabulous ideas every day. Plus they have etsy shops, and I love me some etsy! This blog is worth checking out for sure!

Shelly at Keeping Up With the Johnsons. Shelly was my first roommate ever, our freshman year at Utah State University. We lived in the same room in a cramped campus dorm. Oh my, the things we've been through together. But that's not why I'm awarding her. Honestly, she is one of the most talented and humorous writers, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a biased friend, it's just true. This girl has me rolling every single time I read a post. Love ya Shelly, and love your blog (hence, the award).

So thanks again Becky, for the award, and for making me realize how grateful I am for those things I mentioned and for my bloggy friends. You're fabulous!

11 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

What a beautiful post....you are so lucky to have such a loving husband...and such a beautiful child...and they are so lucky to have you! What a great team!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for the bloggy love. It is so great to get comments from fabulous folks like yourself. Don't forget Jessica too. She makes up our little trio :)

Thanks again!!
Tweet tweet.
Three little birdies

Anonymous said...

It's always important to remember what makes us happy!

Natalia said...

Congrats on the award!

I loved your 5 things. I'm off to check out the blogs you linked :)

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh if it were pictures of my beloved Jazz team...NO WAY I'd be parting with them lol.

Grand Pooba said...

What a perfect list, your Chloe is adorable! It's always fun to run into a blogger from the big UT! I grew up in Layton, not too far away!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

I'm so glad you liked your award. I love your list. Wonderful and special things and people to love.

Hope you have a fantabulous Wednesday!!

Anonymous said...

Great post and CONGRATS on your award!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

thats such a great award! Thanks for mine. Your sooo awesome Tara. Seriously we will get together. Im calling you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful life with everyone and I cant wait to hang out. Your my soulmate :) haha...

Shelly said...

Tara, thanks so much for the award. You make me feel so warm and fuzzy! You're truly such a great person. I love you!!!

Jen said...

Thank you so much for the award!!! I posted it today with a link to your wonderful site! Have a great day!

Many blessings,

Jen from
Creative and Curious Kids!
Literature Links
God's Shining Stars