Pages

12.02.2008

Charitable Causes

LOVE.

I have been spending a lot of time today checking out my fellow bloggers' sites and I have been in awe of their Christlike examples during the holiday season. I wanted to spread the good news.... there are good people all around us! I also wanted to share some ideas if you want a great way to kick off the holiday and participate in some charitable causes. Charity is the purest form of love. Share a little love this Christmas!




I've been talking to so many cancer survivors, patients and the newly diagnosed. Its not easy being us, the understatement of the year! Many of my memories have been flooding back and they are not ones I welcome with open arms. The past two years have been filled with pain, sorrow and loss. Fighting cancer is painful, draining and never ending. So I came up with an idea!

As I visit all my bloggy friends I notice that almost everyone has one form of talent. Be it beautiful jewelry, knitted items, cards, photos, paintings, all sorts of wonderful things. There are also many cancer patients and survivors who could use a present to lift their spirits. If you would like to donate something I will be happy to provide you with a very special someone who could use the surprise. So many wonderful men and women who are battling cancer or who have survived and still struggle have contacted me. I give my words of advice, my ear of understand and my heart full of love but due to the financial disaster cancer has left me in I can't send them all gifts.

I remember when I was sick at first people were sending me all sorts of stuff. It was wonderful but i remember thinking, they will forget about me soon. But, they didn't. Everyday I had treatments and when i would get back to my room or house (if I was luck enough to be out of the hospital) I would be met with a little package. This always brightened my day and took my mind off my terrible situation, even if for just a moment. I got something literally everyday. Whether a card, lotion, cds, necklace not one day went by without a reminder that I was loved! I cherish all the things I got then. Wear three charms on my necklace that were given to me. All these things gave me strength, they still do! They reminded me that I am loved and if I didn't beat it I would be remembered.

If you would be interested in giving please email me megse5@netscape.net and I will set you up with a person who would be beyond grateful for the gift.

Let me know what you think and if you are someone who is battling cancer, survivor, or know someone who is touched by cancer please email me. We all need to fight the battle and support those who are fighting!

Contact Megan if you're interested and be sure to check out her blog by clicking here. She is AMAZING and inspiring to say the least.


  • Soles for Souls: There are so many ways that you can help give one of the simplest, but most important gifts to those in need – Shoes.


Simple, but amazing. Go to their site, soles4souls.org, to find out how to help.

  • Angel's Hands Foundation The mission of AHF is simple, "Improve the quality of life for individuals living with rare diseases." There is a donation button on the right sidebar of my kidz blog or you can check out their site, angelshands.org, to find out other ways to help.

Let me end by sharing a quote on charity given by one of my favorite apostles who passed away today.


"Nothing you do makes much of a difference if you do not have charity. You can speak with tongues, have the gift of prophecy, understand all mysteries, and possess all knowledge; even if you have the faith to move mountains, without charity it won't profit you at all....Without charity—or the pure love of Christ—whatever else we accomplish matters little. With it, all else becomes vibrant and alive.When we inspire and teach others to fill their hearts with love, obedience flows from the inside out in voluntary acts of self-sacrifice and service."

Joseph B. Wirthlin

June 11, 1917 - December 2, 2008

Whether you choose to help out the charities I mentioned, or want to give charity in any other way, it is my hope that we will all strive to have a spirit of charity in our hearts this Christmas season. This is the greatest way to show our love to Christ, whose life and example of ultimate love we celebrate.

Much love to you,

8 comments:

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Thanks so much for the information and inspiration:) I gave you an award yesterday too. I love your blog decorations!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Thanks for stopping by, came over from KIDZ which is wonderful and yes it looks great! It's so exciting to get a makeover!
You are definitly in the spirit of the Christmas season! Hats off to you girl and Thanks!!

Deb said...

i found you through brenda jean and here you are with a very similar post to mine. i am very inspired by the giving spirit here on the blogs, and i am determined to make this year about helping others. it sounds like you are, too! i've got a charity close to my heart, so that makes it easy. but i am going to branch out a bit, too.

Sera said...

I am sad that I won't be home for Christmas...long story, but I won't be home. I will be making a trip out after the new year and I will make sure to drive mom and me up to your place so we can visit and play with cute Miss Chloe! I love you guys to death!

Tabitha Blue said...

Such a wonderful post! Thanks for the inspiration and the information too :)

krissy said...

This was a really sweet post. It reminds me to give, and take the focus off of the stresses of the Holidays. It feels good to give.

Thanks!

BPOTW said...

I like reading posts like this, that remind me of what I should be focused on. It's not really ever too far from the front of my mind...but you know how the holiday season can get with all its busyness. Thank you so much!

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I'm donating proceeds from my soap sales to The Global Fund to help combat AIDS/HIV.