Pages

12.01.2008

I Just Can't Wait!!!

Okay, so I have a dirty little secret to tell..... I have the patience of a 5-year-old waiting to get on a ride at Disneyland when I'm excited about something! This impatience is not a virtue when it comes to gift-giving. I don't think Oby got to open a single present on Christmas day last year because I gave them all to him throughout the month of December. I was too excited to wait!

This year was no different. I broke down and gave him his big gift before Thanksgiving!

I have to say, though, we've been having a lot of fun with the Wii so far, and he'll be getting a few games on Christmas day - unless I break down and give them to him beforehand! Hopefully I can have a little bit of restraint!

Then, when we were all suffering from the stomach bug, it was hard to find energy to entertain little Chloe, so I got out her big Christmas present early to help entertain her....

Well, it worked. ElmoLive was a hit! Chloe loves him. But little did we know - he would entertain the adults just as much! This little guy is a hoot!!!

NOW.... for the latest thing I have no patience over. The kidz layout is seconds away from being up and at 'em, but I can't wait. I have to show everyone how cute it is, so I'm going to give you a little sneak peak at one aspect of the layout.....

I know - the butterfly and the caterpillar are so freaking oh my goodness cute that I almost die every time I think about it! That's why I had to show it to you!!! Just wait til you see the whole thing, I absolutely love how it turned out! It's an early Christmas present to myself!!!

All I can say is that it's a miracle there are any presents beneath our tree, because I'm so terrible at waiting to give presents! Am I the only one who is guilty of early gift-giving??? Fess up you guys so I don't feel like such a lame brain!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! I've stopped buying presents early bc I always give in!

Nana said...

Hey, I love the signature thing. I just have one question. HOW DO YOU DO IT??????????? Thanks for all your help.

Sandy said...

My family is like that too! Maybe that is why I am always shopping on Christmas Eve!

Grand Pooba said...

You are such a good wifey! My hubster LOVES video games but we don't have the wii. I want to get the wii fit, it sounds like fun!

Plus your kidz logo is freakin adorable! So dang cute, I love it!

Funny, I actually am the opposite of you. I don't let any presents be opened before Christmas...I love surprises!

krissy said...

I laughed out loud that you gave the gifts early! I do the same thing! MNy husband is always saying, No! Dont tell me, don't give it to me!

That caterpillar is adorable!! Love it!

BloggessJ said...

I have a Wii and LOVE it! It's soooooo addicting, sometimes I'll sit there with the intention of only playing for like an hour and 3 hours later I'm still playing. Love the Wii Sports game that comes with it...I was a professional bowler for A game.

Anonymous said...

NO,AS YOU GUESSED YOU ARE NOT ALONE.ONE YEAR I WAS GOING TO BUY BARGAINS ALL YR AND THEN WHEN CHRISTMAS CAME,I WOULD HAVE SUPER PRESENTS FOR ALL,PLUS ALREADY BE DONE.WRONG....I COULDN'T WAIT.I SAID,WELL,SO AND SO NEEDS--------THIS,OR SO AND SO WOULD LOOK SO GOOD IN THIS.COME CHRISTMAS,YOU GUESSED IT.I HAD NOTHING.NOTHING,NEVER AGAIN...ANN

Tyler and Shannon said...

Hey Tara!
Tyler is like that. It's hard for him not to tell me what he bought for me. : )
Can't wait to check out KIDZ!
Looks cute!

Jeri Dawn said...

I don't know how you could consider someone with a heart as big as yours a lame brain. I laughed after I talked to you, it brought back memories of high school and all the "Perfect" little gifts that you would find for people. How fun to remember...PS the lesson went great, thanks to your notes. I think I cried through the whole thing, thanks to your notes. Oh, and I had a cute little card to give you when you came as a thanks for the music...maybe I'll mail it now. Just know that we have been totally basking in it!

Jessica said...

We love the Wii. I have lost 15 lbs on the Wii Fit since we moved to Iowa. The Wii is a blast. Have a very merry Christmas. S. Fin.

Anonymous said...

You're too funny. I have a hard time too. I usually don't give the gifts early but I end up telling my family what I've gotten them (usually on accident). I'm bad about that.
I love Christmas too!

Anonymous said...

I'm the exact same way! It takes everything in me not to at least tell people what they're getting! And I love the WII! I hope you got Mario Kart--that's the best game EVER!

Angie said...

We got our Wii a few months ago and our entire family LOVES it.