Pages

12.01.2008

Christmas

I love Christmastime!!! I had often wondered exactly what it was about the Christmas season that made me feel so much joy, and it seemed to have the same affect on every one else too! Then I came across a scripture that seemed to answer my question.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.


After reading and understanding that scripture, it becomes much more clear just what is so special about the Christmas season. We are all singing songs about Him, being charitable in His name, putting up lights that symbolize Him, celebrating His birth and His life.... and because of all that, He is right here with us, and I feel His presence and love during the season!

OK. Now that being said, I am going to ask all of you to do me a big favor this season. Never, ever write out Christmas as xmas. That is, very literally, taking Christ out of Christmas. I know it's a small thing, but I think it's a big symbol.

Thank you!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I feel the same way about people writing Xmas. It makes me sad:(
Merry CHRISTmas!

Tabitha Blue said...

So true and Merry CHRISTmas... I'm the same way :)

BloggessJ said...

I hope your family has a great Christmas this year! :)

Anonymous said...

Very true about Christmas! Hope your holiday season is fantastic!

Shelly said...

I so totally agree with not abbreviating Christmas! It's the greatest time of the year and the only reason why it is, is because of Christ!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I amso with you on this one Tara!! And in fact we only use Christmas cards that say Merry Christmas not the Happy Holidays ones. My hubby got tired of all the politacally correctedness a couple of yrs ago and banned the non-Chrits centered cards! BTW Merry Christmas!!