Pages

1.06.2009

Zzzzzzzzzz's Please!

Last night when Chloe should have looked something like this....

At 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and even 7 a.m. you would have seen that she actually looked more like this....

Lucky for her, she doesn't need sleep to be beautiful, because when we went to the doctor's office today, everyone in the waiting room was ooohhhing and aaahhhing over how pretty she was....

I, however, do need my beauty sleep. Children in the waiting room were running away from me, terrified, because after a night of no sleep (and 3-4 weeks of hardly sleeping), I looked something like this....


For about the first 6 months of her life, whenever Chloe went to the doctor's office (which was quite often), she looked something like this....


That was before she discovered how much fun the doctor's office paper was to play with, and today at the doctor's office, she looked like this....


We explained to Chloe's fab doctor (anyone in Davis County, Utah who has a child - or special needs child and is looking for a pediatrician, trust me when I tell you that Dr Alvey at Wee Care is your man) about how she hadn't been sleeping well for several weeks now, and how last night was particularly awful. He said that children with seizure disorders have disrupted sleep patterns when the seasons change, and as we all figured, it doesn't help one bit that she's cutting four eye teeth right now. We all also think she may be having night terrors. So he suggested we try Melatonin every night before bedtime, and see if that will help her (and me) get some much needed sleep, so we can once again look something like this....



Cross your fingers for us!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed.

BloggessJ said...

Good luck!

Celine said...

Good luck Tara!
I personnaly take Melatonin and it works perfectly!

Sandy said...

Aww! Bless her heart! Much luck to you:)

Emily said...

Hope you got some sleep last night! I was up the night before at 2:30 and it wasn't pretty.

Thanks for your comment on my Stepping Stones blog. I just found your kidz blog and think it is wonderful- can't wait to explore there a bit more.

I have babysat a kid with Schwachman Diamond syndrome for the past 6 years and he is one spunky guy- I appreciate him so much as he makes me see the world differently.

Emma said...

Good luck with the sleeping. Brian take Melatonin on long flights and it seems to work wonders for him.

Emma said...

Good luck with the sleeping. Brian take Melatonin on long flights and it seems to work wonders for him.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, sleep. The other food group. chkl.
Barbara

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK where do I get the Melatonin??? The Girl is awake now until 12:30 and 1:30 these days. It's been going on for about 4 weeks now. She went to sleep normal, 9:00, only 1 night. I'm with you, I NEED my sleep!!

Becky said...

I hope you get some sleep soon! My little guy is just starting to sleep through the night (yes, 13 months, I know) and Curtis had forgotten how lovely I am when I get my sleep. : )

Colleen said...

Good luck...We used melatonin for a while with Kennedy because one of her meds interfered with sleep. It worked for her. We used the tabs and crushed and mixed with water...I was going to ask about the liquid form but a few people I chatted with said the liquid form made their kids irritable or had the reverse effect..So I just stuck with the pill form.

Is there a chance she could be having some seizures when falling asleep?

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Oh NO. That is a lot of waking up! She is awfully cute though. :) I hope the melatonin helps!

Anonymous said...

I hope it works.

jennifersusan said...

I feel for you. My daughter woke up at 4am for the day, this morning. I am so not awake, and I'm already sick to boot. I blame the weather!

Nana said...

Oh that little stinker. I hope she will start sleeping soon because, well frankly Tara you are starting to scare even me.

Amanda said...

I really feel for you not getting any sleep. My Annie started having seizures when she was 10 months old and she's kept me up plenty nights. We weaned her off the phenobarbitol after she turned 2 (in sept) but she still wakes up a lot screaming and crying at night. She also has night terrors although it's been a lot better the past month or so.

I know how difficult it can be, my heart goes out to you. Good luck with the melatonin, and let me know if it helps any ;)

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Oh , how I hope that you and yours gets some sleep... we all have that breaking poit and kudos to you for not reaching it yet...

Your much stronger than I, who with a 7 week old, am only about inches away.

Hope your beautiful little girl gets better

Shelly said...

I wish I could each out and hug you! I hope you're both able to sleep soon. But when you do start sleeping again I'm going to be terribly jealous!

Heatherlyn said...

I'd love to know how the melatonin works. I thought that her rainbow shirt in the crying picture was cute, too. It's a great post on a topic that lots of parents struggle with (although you might be more than most) I think you have a great attitude. Hopefully you'll start being able to get some sleep to go with your good attitude!

Heather said...

Bless your heart! I hope all of you get some sleep tonight! She's so adorable even with the lack of sleep! Wish I could roll out of bed and be that darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

Sleep is so important. Your daughter really is beautiful - I love the pictures.

Angela said...

I hope the melatonin works!! I am an insomniac although I am not up crying I am blogging/reading/scrapbooking/cleaning sometimes until 2 or 3am and wake up at 6am. I can't take sleeping pills because they make me do CRAZY things! Not good! So I would interested in hearing your results. I am praying for you! My 1st son had night terrors that were awful but he has finally grown out of them ~ praise God! I hope it is something simple for you and pray the melatonin works wonders!

Kyla said...

Good luck!

KayTar used to look just like that at the doctor, now she's a one woman entertainment show. She likes the captive audience component of an appointment.

Claire said...

Love those faces! What a sweet girl. :)