Pages

7.07.2009

Frequent Visitors

Today after lunch with my brother's family and visiting my sister-in-law who just had surgery, Chloe and I went to our main hang out, Primary Children's Medical Center. You know you're a frequent visitor when the man who works at the valet parking recognizes your vehicle and knows which door to get the wheelchair out of, before you even get out of the car! You also know you're a frequent visitor when the security officer says, "Hi Chloe!" as you walk past to go to your appointment. You also know you're a frequent visitor when your computer pulls up the hospital's internet automatically, because you've used it so much that it recognizes it. Oh well! It's not a bad place to hang, and I always seem to make friends with other parents at almost every visit!

Today we are here for Chloe's 4th brain MRI. I was thinking about it today, and realized we get pictures of Chloe's brain more often than we take her to get her regular pictures taken. The brain has a photo shoot every six months. Chloe only gets a photo shoot once a year.

Poor Chloe, they sedate her for her MRI's, and so all day today she could only have clear liquids, and two hours before she couldn't have anything at all! Plus she was supposed to be sleep-deprived, which meant no nap. She is such a trooper, though, she wasn't ornery, even after they gave her an IV! Maybe because she's done this enough to know that getting an IV means getting a prize from the nurses. (Today's prize was a little blue monster!) ....









Since I know she does well under sedation and coming out of sedation, MRI's are no big deal for us these days. While she's sleeping I sing lullabies, digital scrapbook, and at the moment I'm blogging. Isn't she just precious?....



The song I've been singing today is:


Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby - Childrens Songbook

Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby
Oh, hush thee, my baby; A story I’ll tell,
How little Lord Jesus On earth came to dwell;
How in a far country,Way over the sea,
Was born a wee baby, My dear one, like thee.
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby dear.
sleep, little baby; have nothing to fear.
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby dear.
Jesus will care for his little one here.
(The last line is my favorite!)



That song is oh-so appropriate for us. Whenever I'm with Chloe, in the hospital setting especially, I feel angels everywhere! Who better to be frequent visitors in your life than angels! I think angels surround Chloe because she's an angel herself. It is so comforting to know that she is well taken care of (and it takes a lot of pressure off me)! =)



I've gotta run. The little blue monster is trying to steal my snacks!....


14 comments:

Andrea said...

That's one of my favorite Primary songs. :)

Anonymous said...

Even at the hospital she has a winning smile!

Heatherlyn said...

What a trooper! For her, I guess it is normal. It's really nice that you have a good hospital close by. She looks so sweet when she is sleeping. :)

Mel said...

Love the song. I'm so glad that you feel the angels around her. It is such a great feeling! Like the biggest, warmest, most peaceful calm ever.... you wish it would never go away!!

Angie Hansen said...

What a strong little girl! I love her little curls.

Shelly said...

You both are such troopers! Chloe looks so much like you when she's asleep. Really, really!

Having angels as frequent visitors is a good thing. And it's not so bad being recognized at the hospital. My favorite was Matt's echo-cardiogram tech. She would see Matt's name on her list of patients for the day and it would make her happy all day long. Sometimes the people that work at the hospital are extensions of the angels too! :)

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry that you both HAVE to be frequent visitors but I'm also grateful for the awesome facility and the way the take such great care of the kids. Chloe IS a trooper. Does she never take a crabby face picture? Not even coming out of anethesia?

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

That girl is seriously just a little angel. I cant imagine the things she has already had to go through in only 2 years of life. You and Oby sure are amazing parents to!!!! I really look up to all of you. I hope everything went good at her doc. apt.
I txt Oby but I wanted to make sure and let you know Im having a party for Ryans bday this sat. at 6. Food will be provided but if you want to bring your own drinks that would be great. I hope you can make it but if not we should find sometime to get together.

Melanie said...

Well of course people at the hospital would know who she was....shes so damn cute!! She's a star and makes everyone smile!

Jenni said...

Gosh, look at those big blue eyes! She is such a love!

Jeffrey Lauren Pacheco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey Lauren Pacheco said...

She is such as beautiful little girl.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Look at those curls! awwwwwww

The High Family said...

Adorable!! She looks so precious when she sleeps. Love Cookie Monster!