Pages

7.09.2009

Taking Shape!

They say that it's good when you're trying to get in shape to put a picture up of yourself in good shape to keep you motivated. I'm taking that same approach with our house. I look at the picture of what I want the house to look like when we're done to keep me motivated....


Today we got the framing done. Do you see - it's starting to take shape!...
Next up on the outside: the roof. Next up on the inside: refinishing the hardwood floors! I'm most excited about covering up the tar paper with our beautiful cement fiber board. *sigh* It is going to be so pretty! The main color of the house will be a light tan, the trim will be white, there will be dark brown shakes on the gables, the roof and accents will be black, and the front door will be cranberry! The anticipated finish date for all the outside work is July 31st. Cross your fingers that we stay on schedule!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Looking good!! I'm sooooo excited for you!

Shelly said...

Fingers are totally crossed for you! It's looking great!

Cynthia said...

It's going to look awesome! When I saw the house I thought "Man, that would look so good with Hardiplank siding" (love that stuff). So glad to see you're going with that- it really will be picture perfect.

Of course the landscape designer in me is mentally adding a cottage-style garden. You'll get to that eventually. Right now it will just be nice to get the structure done. Crossing my fingers for July 31st.

Mrs. Bennett said...

I can't wait for the finished product. It is looking great already, how exciting!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

OH im so in love. You have done an amazing job! Have you guys done all this work alone? Im so amazed- seriously!!!! I cant wait to see it all. If you ever need help I know Ryan would love to help (like how I just volunteered him) Im so excited you are all coming tomorrow. It will be great to see you and I cant wait to see Chloe! ahhh...

Heatherlyn said...

It IS taking shape! That must be so exciting to watch!

Marie said...

Such a cute house. I can't wait to see the colors and the finished product too. The cranberry door is just my style! Nice choice there. I loved the MRI post as well. That lullaby is so sweet!