Pages

8.26.2009

What a Difference a Day Makes!

So the main reason I haven't posted pix of our house (the finished project, that is) yet is because one day I had my handy-dandy digi camera, the next day I didn't. That'll teach me to leave things on the golf cart at Thanksgiving Point. Whoever came across the camera decided they could use it for themselves. Lame!

Every day since we moved in, we've done little projects (hanging drapes, putting up decorations, unpacking boxes, etc, etc) and every day it starts to feel more and more like home! Today was the best change - the cable and internet were installed. [insert roof-raisin here]

For all you impatient folks out there, don't worry. When I feel like we're settled and I remember to borrow my mom's camera, I'll post pix. =)

Speaking of pix - Sunday night, the fam got together for Tonio's Birthday. Oh, except me because I'm lame and my body was in shut-down mode after packing, moving, unpacking, and being up all night while Chloe got used to her new surroundings, etc, etc. I know, I know, excuses are for the birds! Anyway, that day Chloe's Nana took this picture of Chloe giving Izzy a hug and posted it on her blog. I thought it was sooooooooooo cute!....


The next day, Nana called to tell me Izzy had lice. Oye! Suddenly this pic of Chloe burying her face in Izzy's hair makes me want to vomit! (no offense to cute Izzy, only to those darn bugs!)

No worries - we've scrubbed, combed, washed, vacuumed & fumigated. So far, no signs of lice, but better safe than sorry. Good thing that Izzy is so darn cute. =)

5 comments:

MOLLY said...

ha you are hilarious! i love your brooke hogan post, but i think you are prettier than her. i hope chloe didn't catch lice... that would be no fun. can't wait to see your new house!!! thanks so much for that wedding picture, it is so cute... at least the scrapbook page you did is cute
!!!

Nana said...

Yes, we have ripped apart, scrubbed, vacuumed and fumigated this house within an inch of it's life!!!! I know Aisha and Jamie have spent the last two days doing the same thing. Oye.

Heatherlyn said...

I'm sorry about your camera. That's a bummer. :(

Shelly said...

First, so happy your house is being lived in and becoming home--AWESOME!

Second, so sad about your camera. That's so not cool. I hope you can replace it soon and that you didn't have a memory card of non-uploaded photos.

Third, lice. Yuck. Poor Izzie! And poor everyone else trying to kill those gross things before they get to you! Ugh!!

Mandy said...

Oh Tara sad about your camera!!
I saw this photo on Nana's and thought oh how stinkin cute is that!! The lice thing totally puts a new perspective on this photo!! Hope all goes well there!! Can't wait to see photos of your new house!! Congrats!! It's gotta feel good!!