Pages

9.15.2009

Sometimes You Just 'Know'

You know that magical feeling you sometimes get - when you just know something is right and good... it is just warm and comforting and you want that feeling to stay??? That is EXACTLY how I felt today during Chloe's first session implementing the Anat Baniel Method....


(sorry for the poor quality - this is what my cell phone camera in a poorly lit room produces)


Our practitioner is amazing. She was originally a chiropractor. Then she trained side-by-side, along with Anat Baniel, under the doctor who came up with the original method, Dr Feldenkrais. Anat Baniel added to the Feldenkrais method after he passed away, and our practitioner then worked with Anat Baniel for six years. She also implements the Masgutova Method, which is aimed at maturing reflexes.

Chloe was manipulated for half an hour while I took notes, and watched in AWE as Chloe smiled and giggled through therapy, as opposed to her red-faced screaming and crying reaction during traditional therapies....



So, like I said, I felt great about what was going on during the therapy, then when we were ready to go, I picked Chloe up, and I am NOT lying, she felt different. Her neck felt stronger. She was holding her spine straight. It just pierced my soul, and even though I felt really stupid, I started crying right there on the spot. It wasn't sadness, it was HOPE.

Now if we can just get everything we own sold so we can afford to pay for this therapy to the extent that we want to go. I came home and told Oby all about it, then we took pictures of a few of our assets, posted them on the local classifieds, and will cross our fingers that they sell so we can pay for this expensive therapy. It's no more expensive than traditional therapies, but not recognized by insurance and therefore not covered. =(

Even though I'm discouraged about the funding issues, I am more overwhelmed with hope. It is just filling me up until I'm about to burst! I just keep envisioning my little Chloe sitting up for a picture, and someday running up to give me a hug. Can you imagine how AMAZING that would be? I will sell everything I own so Chloe can experience life to the fullest and reach her fullest potential.... explore and play.... I know it seems a bit dramatic to think so far ahead, but that really is how powerful that feeling was when I picked her up after only 1/2 hour of treatment, and she felt stronger. If we can just get her more treatment, then she will be stronger each day, and she will progress.

I'm not just jumping on the latest bandwagon, either, I have 'met' so many people through blogging who swear this method is what helped their little one progress. Even though I read ALL these success stories, I was still a skeptic. But after today's visit, well - the proof is in the pudding.

More info about ABM HERE. It is a magazine article, and I find it intriguing and insightful and hopeful!

13 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Oh my gosh, I have tears not just in my eyes but in my soul. Happy tears.

I will pray that funding will come for Chloe. It will happen.

Diane said...

it is not dramatic at all to be thinking that far ahead! its smart!!

i'm so pleased to hear about this experience. money... insurance... ugh! the bane of our existence!! :(

Anonymous said...

WOW! Hope!!!!!

Colleen said...

So glad you are feeling differences already...that is wonderful!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

I am in tears for you and Chloe!

How wonderful!! I truly hope you can figure out funding for her therapy. *hugs*

Chris and Kerri said...

Hey Tara, What ya sellin? I would like to know. I could purchase something to help you and your cute Chloe out! Do you have a link? :o)

Cynthia said...

I'm so hopeful for all of you too! You should do a fundraiser for her. You'll need to know how to pull them off for your playground project so this could be a good practice at it- and might help. Let me know if you need any ideas.

Tyler & Shannon Higgins said...

oh tara, that is great!

The Pachuilo Family said...

Reading that just brought me to tears, your such an amazing woman, and I am so glad you share this with all of us. Chloe is always in our prayers and we love you.
Chloe has come so far and we are so proud of all her accomplishments. I can't wait to hear more.

Cathy said...

HI Tara

I am so happy that you feel this way about the ABM method. We have had such great results in New York and are going home tomorrow. We are also worrying how we will get back here again because there are no therapists in South Africa.

By the way Marcy Lindheimer in New York who trains the other practitioners with Anat said that some medical insurance companies do cover it. Maybe you can contact her and find out more.

I am so happy that you tried it.
Sending best wishes to you and Chloe from Bella and Cath

Kristina said...

Your post is so hopeful and energetic and FANTASTIC! Love the laughing picture of Chloe. I'm amazed with all the medical talk in the country now that it keeps getting glossed over how much stuff is NOT covered - and that is usually the stuff that I'm finding works the most.

Good luck selling your items! We have been selling stuff to, but the truth is it is SOOOOO worth it!

Heatherlyn said...

It makes me sad that traditional medicine does not recognize (and hence neither does insurance) some very real methods of healing.

I know that you will do what you need to to make this happen and you will be blessed. You already are blessed to find something that actually helps. That in itself is the start of a journey on the right path. Some people never get that far. I'm glad Chloe liked it!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh I couldn't handle that sad Chloe face! I'm glad you found something new and I hope it continues to help her!