Pages

10.31.2009

Jack-O-Lantern

Well the good news is we figured out how to get Chloe to sleep like a rock through the night. After crying her head off after "the incident," before we could even clean her up, she slept without hardly moving all through the night. We would move her, she got vital signs done... she just slept away.



Not that we're gonna throw her on the ground every night, but try to get her really riled up, preferably by laughing, right before it's time for bed, and hopefully she'll sleep soundly all through the night like she did last night....


I made a decision pretty early this morning. My decision went along these lines:


With that in mind, I could only laugh at these pictures. She looks so pathetic:


A dentist came to make sure everything was okay with her other teeth. We especially wanted to make sure the adult tooth wasn't damaged in any way. He said the tooth to the left may have some nerve damage and may discolor, but everything else should be just fine.


When I first heard that there was nothing we could do for her tooth, the first thought that came to mind was how mad my mom and Oby's dad were going to be when they found out. They're just extra protective of their little Chloe. But my mom was understanding and Oby's dad told me he thought she looked like a little jack-o-lantern for Halloween. LOL. So true! We decided to run with the Jack-o-Lantern theme. I had already brought the jack-o-lantern headband to the hospital with us for her to wear today. Here's her entire outfit:



Ya gotta see the tights and shoes up close. SOooooo cute:


She does look like a Jack-o-Lantern, don't you think?....


A jack-o-lantern with a really fat lip and a tube coming out of its nose. LOL.


6 comments:

Sandy said...

The sweetest jack o lantern ever! Happy Halloween!

Diane said...

LOVE THE OUTFIT!

tara - i just want to hug you! things happen... you are terrific mom and you know that!

i'm glad you are laughing it off rather than holding on to it. like you said, she's ok - it's ok.

glad she had a good night's sleep! hope you got some sleep too!

happy halloween!!!

Nana said...

Oh, my sweet little pumpkin!!!!

She is adorable no matter what. I love the outfit. Can't wait to give her a kiss.

Watch out Papa is going to trip you when you come through the front door. After he takes Chloe of course. You know that's how he rolls. LOL!!!

Mel said...

She's so cute!! I don't think there would be anything that would make her not cute!!:) Happy Halloween to you and your cute little jack-o-lantern!!

Shelly said...

I just have to smile looking at her pictures. I just want to hug her!! She's so cute I can't even stand it. Laugh, Tara. Just laugh!!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

cutest jack o lantern I haven ever seen! I didnt get any pics at the halloween party. Im sooos sad. My camera was left in my diaper bag and a bottled got tipped over and milk slowly leaked into every inch of my camera so it hardly ever works now :(
I missed you both though! You Oby is seriously the life of the party. Im still laughing at how funny he is... We have to get together soon. I was going to tell you my little niece Anna has really bad teeth. A few months ago they had to put crowns on all her teeth. Her front tooth got infected and they had to pull it. She is 3 so a little older than Chloe but wont have a tooth there until her adult tooth grows in. They kinda look the same. Its the same tooth and all! If you check out my blog she is the one in the BYU cheerleader costume. She is such a doll and seriously she melts my heart everytime she smiles with her toothless grin. Chloe is so beautiful and she melts my heart in every picture. I have learned since having a child the smallest accidents that happen are just as bad as any world war! :) Just remember what you said in your last post. Your an amazing Mother. Chloe is sooo lucky to have you.