Pages

12.14.2009

Symbols

Yesterday Chloe was wearing a cute Jingle Bells shirt and later had jingle bells tied on each of her hands that she could jingle whenever she wiggled....


She loved the bells! I decided it was important to teach her the symbol of the bells so she would realize the true meaning and not get wrapped up in the fun sound or her cute shirt. I taught her that bells ring out to guide lost sheep back to the fold, signifying that all are precious in the Savior's eyes.

When we went to wish Papa a very Happy Birthday, we were able to capture this cute moment in front of the Christmas tree....


So later I taught her about the Christmas tree and what the birth of the Savior really means for all of us. I explained that the tree points to heaven and is evergreen, symbolizing that our lives are eternal, and we can be together forever as a family. I also reminded her that the lights symbolize hope in the darkness, like the line in the song we sing, 'O Little Town of Bethlehem,' when it says, "Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting light...." I told her how this is a reminder that no matter how bleak or sad we may feel at times, the hope of heaven, angels and peace will always shine brightly.

I think the little lesson was more for me than her yesterday, but she still smiled through it.

~~~

This post is dedicated to our dear angel friend, Makenzie Rye Webster....



7/18/2009 ~ 12/13/2009

4 comments:

Diane said...

a very sweet post honoring your friend, tara.

Devon said...

Sometimes I think the only thing that is getting me through this is that knowledge that families can be together forever. Thank you for sharing this...I know I will be thinking of Makenzie this Christmas.

Kristina said...

Oh, no! No, no, no! I'm so sad about Makenzie! I just visited her website the other day after you posted a link. She is such a cutie and I can't believe she won't even get one Christmas with her parents. I will say a couple of prayers right now. They must be hurting so badly.

I love what you taught Chloe. Actually, I hate to admit that some of the symbols I didn't know, so thanks for letting me know and I'll pass on the info. to my little ones :-)

And, Chloe is such a cutie! How does she ever do it???

Becky said...

My heart is heavy as I read that...I didn't know she had passed. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful posts with the wonderful meanings. Chloe's smile is so heavenly. xoxo