Pages

12.17.2009

Messages for Makenzie

Dear Makenzie, thank you for teaching me to not take one single breath for granted.



Your mom and dad are filled with faith, trust, love and strength, but they will miss you, so please come and be their guardian angel.


The cavity which suffering carves into our souls will one day also be the receptacle of joy.
Neil A. Maxwell


Your mommy and daddy sent you messages on balloons today...


Lots of people did.....




I hope you catch them all, can laugh and play and enjoy every moment in heaven.




"Why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us. . . . The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. . . . All children are redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and the moment that children leave this world, they are taken to the bosom of Abraham. The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable wicked world.”
Joseph Smith, Teachings, p. 196-197

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am so very sorry for their loss. My sister lost a daughter and it is such deep heartbreak. May they be upheld by faith, friends and family through this time of trial.

Becky said...

Devestating...seeing them carry her coffin, makes my heart HURT! Thank you for posting this. Thank you for reminding us to never take one day for granted. xoxo

Mel said...

What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful little girl. My prayers are with them!

Marie said...

Such a tender post and a great reminder to us all of the gift that life and strangely enough death are. Your choice of quotes couldn't have been more powerful. Thanks for touching my heart today! I love the song choice by the way too! Too perfect. My prayers and heart go out to MaKenzie's family and all who suffer the pain they feel.

Nana said...

I have no words. No parent should have to go through that. Your qoute was right on. We mourn for those left behind. Kenzie is free and full of pure joy. I know it is hard for Ryan and Kendra to see it that way, well all the way. My heart aches for them.

Mandy said...

Oh seeing them carry her casket is heartbreaking!! It is hard to remember that we are the ones suffering when we miss them so much!! HOw blessed she is to have her life promised to her!! I have often thought if I have one leave this life early I think it would make me live my life even better so I could be with them again!!
She is watching over them and will bless their life more than they can imagine!! I am so sorry for their loss! Prayers and hugs for them!!!!

Shoeless Mommy said...

(((hugs))) I have those same pictures here in my home from when my youngest son went to heaven... the white casket, the balloon release.

I just wanted to say you are not alone in this.