Pages

1.21.2010

Flashback Friday: I Can Lift Heavy Things


It's been awhile since I flashed back, so I figured it was time!

Oby is supporting my weight-loss ambitions 100%, and has been dieting and exercising with me. He doesn't need to lose weight like I do, but he does want to get back into shape and get back into one of his hobbies....




Yep, he's a weight lifter, along with most of his family.




At one point, Oby held two state records for bench press and dead lift. In 2002, he was the world champion in his division.

Now whenever I need something heavy moved, I remind him that he can, after all, lift heavy things!

He'll probably kill me for posting these pictures, but it'll be worth it for me to be able to brag about my studly husband just a little bit!

6 comments:

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

That is awesome!! haha!

And good for you guys! I'm on that bandwagon myself.

Mel said...

LOL.. that's AWESOME!! Love the pics!!

We are on the same "get healthy" bandwagon... it's tough, but I'm hoping it will be worth it!!!:) That's what I'm telling myself while looking at my cute summer clothes that are all 2 sizes too small!!:)

Ronda said...

Thanks for stopping by! That was so sweet. I love your blog, both of them actually! What a journey your beautiful family is on. I wish you all the best and know that Heavenly Father will be with you every step of the way, I just have to say that I think you are an amazing woman, to do all that you do with a smile on your face! You are inspiring. I am so glad that I met you! See you in class!

Shelly said...

Oooh, he is a stud. Go Oby!!

Katy said...

My hubby is also a heavy-lifter type although he doesnt' have near the time for it now that we own a home, have a child, etc. When he tries to get out of moving heavy obejects I always joke, "would it help if I painted a big number on the side?"

April said...

WOW!!!! Impressive! Can I call you the next time I need my piano moved ;)