Pages

3.13.2010

We Get By With a Lot of Help

Last year, most of you probably remember, we renovated our house. It is still very much a work in progress, though. The project we're going to be working on for the next several weeks is turning what was a construction zone last summer into an actual front yard.

There is no way we could have done what we've done or could do what we've still got planned to do without help. And since my parents live next door, they were the helpers today. We are seriously SO lucky to have such amazing and supportive families. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude almost every single day. I honestly don't know how other people survive without living next door to their retired and fabulous parents. They help me out so often with Chloe and everything, it's just amazing. Helping with the yard is just one more thing on the list.

Chloe also helps out. She's our little cheerleader!....


We had to smooth out the huge mound of dirt, and kill the two tree stumps so we can grind them down....


Good times....


Thank You!!!

9 comments:

Nana said...

Good times is right. I love Chloe's gloves. It's snowing now so I bet you are all in the house.

jennohara said...

I also have the most amazing, supportive family. I can't imagine living anywhere but right next door!

The Henrys said...

Your house is sooo cute!

I feel the same way about my parents. They help me so much with Gracie, and with Caleb, so that I can do for Gracie. I don't know what I would do without them!

I love the pic of Chloe being the cheerleader. So Sweet!

Shelly said...

Love Mom and Dad Mann. They seriously rock it. (Chloe looks so cute, btw.) If we're lucky, maybe we can swap landscaping stories this spring--you with your new house and me with mine. Ah. Hope so. And have fun with all your work!!

PrayforNathan.org said...

I love what you did with your house, it looks wonderful! How fun to continue working on this project. I've been in redecorating mode for a couple of months now, it's fun! You are lucky to have such a supportive family!!!!

Mrs. Bennett said...

I love your new home! And I love supportive families, so glad you have your parents close by. I can't wait to see landscaping pictures.

Devon said...

Chloe's smile is just infectious.

I'm glad you have so much help! That is wonderful!! And your house is super cute.

April said...

You are so lucky to have a wonderful family, and they are lucky to have you! Your home looks wonderful!

Kristina said...

It's great you have so much help!

I love the photo of Chloe laughing! Emma does that, too. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to see us do manual labor. She thinks it's hysterical! Chris calls her the "Let them eat cake girl." It certainly makes doing all the work much more fun when Emma is around and giving us loads of laughter!