Pages

7.15.2010

Here Comes the Sun

Tonight was the launch party for Chloe's Sunshine Playground. Here's a little recap:

When Chloe was born, before there was any indication of medical anomalies.... before our life became filled with diagnoses, doctor's appointments, therapies and medical testing.... I looked in Chloe's big blue eyes and made her a promise. I promised that she could be and do anything she wanted, and that her dad and I would help her achieve whatever that was.

Today when I look into her big blue eyes, the promise remains the same. She will do and be anything she wants and we will help her.

Although Chloe is non-verbal, anyone who has ever spent any time around her knows that she can still express exactly what she wants. It is a profound privilege to be her “voice” and let all of you know that what Chloe wants right now is to have fun..... To play, laugh and explore alongside her peers. She does not want to be on the sidelines watching everyone else; she wants to be in on the action!


I am doing my best to keep my promise to Chloe. The great city of Syracuse is helping make it a reality. Mayor Nagle, her staff and the city council have truly risen to the occasion and I feel honored to call many of them my friends. The city has set aside Centennial Park to be the location.


Right now, Chloe's Sunshine Playground is just a dream. It's an idea put on paper and an empty plot of ground. But with all of your help, it will one day be a reality.



Chloe and Mayor Nagle uncovered the design of the playground for everyone to see what we have envisioned for Chloe and all the children in our community who desire to play together without boundaries.




Thank you, Zurchers, for sponsoring this event. The snow cones, popcorn and balloons were a huge hit.

Thank you, everyone for supporting us! It was such an exciting night. This was the first time the playground felt real.... I could almost see it and felt the excitement in the air.

Here Comes the Sun!!!!

11 comments:

jennohara said...

I wish I lived closer! I would have been there! What an awesome thing you're doing, Tara! I can't wait to see pictures of Chloe playing in the reality of those plans!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I got chills looking at the pictures. What a great, great thing you are doing for Chloe and for SO many others. I'm so inspired!

Celine said...

I'm so so happy for Chloe!
That post brought tears to my eyes and Chloes knows how to make anyone smile just by looking at her.
Today is such a great day!

Mo said...

You rock!! So amazing to carry through with such an idea! I wish you continued success!

Becky said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I stand in awe. xoxo

Ambitions of a Trophy Wife said...

You are an inspiration! I have tears in my eyes, and am just honored to be able to share this with you and Chloe!

Devon said...

Beautiful! Tara, you are amazing, and a true inspiration!!!!!

Once you get the Syracuse one built, you have to do one near us!!

Merinda Reeder said...

I tried to send my family. If I were just a couple thousand miles closer, I would have been there. I will drop by, next time I visit my Mom. I'm so excited for this dream to take on some reality.

Grand Pooba said...

Awwww, I wish I could have been there!

Kristina said...

I can't wait to see how the new playground unfolds. What a great opportunity to help all kids out by building a playground.

One day, we hope to bring Emma there to play with Chloe!

Nana said...

I think you are doing a great job!! Just wanted to let you know.