Pages

7.05.2011

Catching Up

I've been a major blog slacker this week, but don't worry it's because I've been having FuN!!!

We went to see The Civil Wars in concert on the night of our anniversary. This was truly the best anniversary date I could ever have dreamed up! I had permagrin from the moment I stepped into my favorite Salt Lake venue, then the grin just widened when Rayland Baxter hit the stage. I am so sad that there is no decent version of The Mountain Song he sang that I could share with you or that I could put on replay for myself. Fortunately, though, I do have The Civil Wars songs on repeat and they all make me blissfully happy! Without question, the live version of Barton Hollow was my favorite part of the night, which shocked me because I don't usually prefer the mainstream songs - but WOW! It. Was. Amazing. THEY are amazing! The radio edit just does not do justice to the real deal -- nor do any youtube videos, unfortunately. Poison and Wine was another favorite performance. (That song was used for a SYTYCD routine last week, did you see it?!?) Oby really usually does not like going to concerts or anything like it, but he really likes The Civil Wars and surprisingly loved Rayland Baxter. So he was just a delightful date and I was so blissfully over the moon happy and in love! What better way to celebrate 5 years of marriage? I can't think of anything!

I'd do a more formal review of the concert, but it's already been done so eloquently here - no need to repeat, right? It has absolutely nothing to do with my being lazy.... ;)

Speaking of being lazy, we spent the rest of last week and this weekend sitting on the beach at Bear Lake. This was my song for that getaway (minus the dolphin impersonation, of course - hahaha!)....



Come and open up your folding chair next to me.
My feet are buried in the sand, and there's a breeze.
There's a shadow, you can't see my eyes.
And the [lake] is just a wetter version of the skies.

When we weren't lounging in our folding chairs, we were chilling on the Relaxation Station. I could go on and on and on about this thing, but let's just leave it at this - get one. You'll thank me later.

I just set my alarm for 6:30 a.m. Back to reality in the morning, I suppose. *sigh*

Expect pictures from our Bear Lake trip soon (delayed mainly because of SD driver malfunction -- any tips are appreciated!) We had so much fun, I can't wait to show it off!!!

I hope everyone else had a lovely holiday weekend as well :)

p.s. I know this post is ridiculously disjointed, repetitive, and grammatically incorrect, but I'm too tired to edit. Maybe tomorrow? haha yeah right.

No comments: