Pages

3.14.2012

Love Date!

Goodness gracious, it's been a long time since I blogged! Chloe went to sleep at a decent hour tonight so be prepared for a photo dump!

Let's see, I think the first thing to catch up on was our Valentine's Day fiasco. Oby called me a week or so before Valentine's Day and even though we had already talked about it and I already knew the plans, he called me with a sweet voice and asked me on a date. "Tara, I was wondering what you're doing next Tuesday night? I've got tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert and I was thinking we could go to Little America afterward..." So darn cute, I love him!

We had long been awaiting this concert. This is one of very few bands that we 100% agree to be 100% fabulous! And we were going to take Wednesday morning off work, get room service breakfast, and hit the hot tub before returning to reality.

But reality struck too soon... Chloe came down with Strep throat, lovingly shared it with me, and I battled three nights of fevers, the worst of it being on, you guessed it, Valentine's Day.

Silver lining to the story? Oby was able to sell the tickets to a co-worker who also shared a love for Lady A with his wife and their two teenage daughters were already going. It ended up being a wonderful family date for them and that made me happy.

And another silver lining? We were still able to use our stay at Little America that weekend when Chloe and I had our fevers under control (although the FIVE fever blisters on my lips were anything BUT under control)! If you live in the Salt Lake area, I highly recommend a stay-cation here. I just LOVE their pool, the prices are reasonable, the room service fabulous, and did I mention I love their pool?!?!.... It has a lovely view, it is the PERFECT temperature, and you can go from inside to outside and since the temperature is so lovely, even in the winter it's fun to swim outside!


Chloe had so much fun. This girl just LOVES to kick and splash!


She also just LOVES her daddy!


The next day we took the scenic drive home, jamming to Lady A the whole way! It wasn't the romantic Valentine's we planned, but it was filled with LOVE nonetheless. (Awww!)

1 comment:

Celine said...

Awww ! Sounds like you had a good time no matter what ! :-)