Pages

10.14.2008

Our California Adventure

It was another great day at the resort! We didn't realize yesterday was a holiday (gasp! Sorry, Columbus, we do appreciate what you did for us - finding America 'n all....) and we were pleasantly surprised that the park was so much less crowded today!

All day today I tried avoiding being in the corner of other people's camera view, to avoid being the random stranger with an unpleasant look on my face who ended up in people's memory pix (much like the lady to the right of me in this pic).
Despite her wailing in this picture, Chloe was a pleasant girl again today and had so much fun!

See! She loved the carousel and the caterpillar ride in Bug Land. This was our first trip to California Adventure, and we all give it two enthusiastic thumbs up! Oby and I especially loved Tower of Terror. I would dare say it was one of the highlights of my trip!

My parents took the kids and let Oby and I have a few hours on our own to ride the *big kid* rides. It was so much fun, it felt like a date!.... Holding hands, hugging while we waited in line.... oh the romance! In this pic, we were riding on Indiana Jones - a personal fave (plus the movie comes out on dvd today!)

Indiana Jones is also my nephew's favorite, but even though his spikey hair made him tall enough to ride the ride, they didn't count that, and he was 1/2 inch too short and they wouldn't let him through. So Grammy and Papa tried to make it up to him by getting lots of memorabilia to take home....


At dinner we all agreed that our favorite part of the day were the 3D shows, especially Bug's Life. I'm not usually into the shows, but the Bug's Life one is worth watching. We also really enjoyed the Toy Story 4D ride..... Loved it! We spent a good deal of our day in glasses similar to these being modeled by Chloe above. So posh!

It was a good day, but we are all worn out and will soon look very much like Chloe does in this picture - dreaming sweetly of our California Adventure!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Your trip looks so incredibly fun! I can't wait to take my babies there!!!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Oh my, she is just all tired out, and dreaming of Mickey. BAHAHAHAHA You all looked like you were having a blast. How nice of grandma and grandpa to let you do some grown up stuff:)

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

Your trip look so amazing. I want to go back to disney so bad. ESP around Halloween time. Chloe is getting to cute and a little chunky I love it. Maybe its just the pics but she is just cuter and cuter all the time. Are you and Oby busy this Thursday? I was thinking dinner mayber? It was Ry job to get a hold of Oby but we see how good thats going :)

Aleta said...

We're going to disney in November. I can't wait and your pictures make me look forward to it all the more!

Celine said...

Awwww!Great pictures! :)
I love how Oby and you got to spend "you" time! That must have been fun!
Thanks for sharing pics!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Those pictures are great. It looks like Halloween is the best time to be there. Besides Christmas of course. :-)

Glad you were all able to enjoy it and especially your time with your husband alone.