Pages

1.13.2010

Special Loves

Chloe has such a special relationship with all of her grandparents. She is one lucky girl! Since two of my grandparents died before I was born and the other two grandparents had the affection of a shoe box, I'm a bit envious of the love she shares with her Papa's, Grammy & Nana. It makes me so happy to watch her with them!

Today, Papa stopped by for a surprise visit. We couldn't have been happier!



Chloe was happy because Papa sang some of their usual favorites....

Gully, Gully!
Head of hair (touch head)
Forehead bear (touch forehead)
Eye winker (touch right eye)
Tom tinker (touch left eye)
Nose nobber (touch nose)
Mouth eater (touch mouth)
Chin chomper (touch chin)
(pause)
gully gully gully gully ….. (while tickling neck)
(it goes something like that, anyway!)


The Old Bumble Bee
There was an old bumble bee
who lived in a barn (while making a circle and coming closer to her face)
He carried the music (still circling and coming closer)
Under his arms! (tickling under the arms, followed by squeals of delight)


Family Folk Song
(This is a Taylor/Bennett family tradition.
I don't know the origin or understand the words,
but it's a big hit with the kids!)

I saw the train go 'round the bend
Goodbye, my lover, goodbye
'Twas loaded down with China men
Goodbye, my lover, goodbye
Bye baby bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
To get a little rabbit's skin
To wrap his baby bunting in


I was glad Papa stopped by because he helped us pass the 4-hour fasting period Chloe had today before she had the stroke blood work done. Grammy was also a HUGE help, and I'm grateful for them both! Chloe is not happy when she can't eat (and I can't blame her). We'll get the results in a week (which means at least two weeks). I'll keep you posted when I hear.



Speaking of special loves, I have a special love for Lauren Graham after her stellar performances on Gilmore Girls. I also have a special love for Ron Howard due to his roles as producer and narrator on my all-time favorite show, Arrested Development. Bring the two together, and voila! you have Parenthood. It premieres March 1st and if my DVR went ahead that far, it would already be set to record this show that I'm destined to love....

9 comments:

Diane said...

sweet pics! well, your pics are always sweet!!!

my girls call my mom and dad nana and papa too :)

i like the gully gully song!!

i'm ready for some good tv!! the holidays really cramp my style with no good shows on!

Bennett Bunch said...

I have noticed how much Chlo-Chlo loves her Papa, good thing one of the girls loves to sit on his lap and give him lots of loves!

I can't wait for Parenthood, you will have to remind us when it starts so I can record it as well.

Becky said...

I too feel somewhat jealous of the relationship that my kids have with their grandparents - I didn't have that. BUT, I'm glad they do. :) Such sweet pictures. xoxo

Celine said...

Papa and Chloe look so happy together! I love it!

Merinda Reeder said...

Hey! where did you get Gully gully? Do you have any guess of its origin?

My mom plays a similar game she heard first from my Great Grandma on my Dad's side. We haven't heard it from anyplace else ever.

Goes like this:

Eye winkum
Tom tinkum
Nose smellum (stuck together so it's nozmellum)
mouth eatum
chin coppers
goochie goochie goo.

Same actions...

I love this. I do it to my girls all the time and they start giggling at the beginning, knowing there's a tickle coming.

Heatherlyn said...

I assume that's Oby's Dad because there looks like a resemblance! Grandparents are such a wonderful part of kids' lives when they are actually a part of their lives! I love it! You'll be so glad you recorded all those cute songs that they share too!

I sure hope the results of her tests give you some of the answers you've been looking for!

April said...

Oh I love the songs! How sweet!

Grand Pooba said...

Papa is so sweet with Chloe! You need to get a video of him singin those songs!

I hope Chloe's blood work comes back good!

(I'm going to go set my DVR for parenthood, I LOVED Arrested Development!)

Mrs. Bennett said...

I love Lauren, can't wait for that show either!