Pages

2.23.2010

Happy Jack Day!

Today is Oby's Uncle Jack's birthday. Even though he passed away a few weeks ago, we decided we still needed to celebrate his life. We wanted to remember Jack and be with his wife, since this would no doubt be a hard day for her. So we went out to eat at one of his favorite restaurants - Market Street Grill, yum! We had a great time and decided we should probably make a tradition of it.....

Zeke and Chloe loved giving five!


Grandpa, Sissy (Jack's wife), Grandma & Meg


Chloe & Mom
(funny, I swear I brushed my hair before I left!?!)


Nana feeding Chloe ice cream


You can shed tears that he is gone,
or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what he'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins

8 comments:

Becky said...

That's a GREAT tradition. :) I hope you make it happen every year. I know he was smiling down upon you.

Katy said...

What a wonderful way to honor Uncle Jack's life.

Nana said...

That was a fun night. Thank you for putting it together for us.

Grand Pooba said...

What a great tradition to start!

(Chloe looks like she's getting married in that first picture, the coat looked like a veil to me at first!)

April said...

Oh I'm so happy you were able to do that and celebrate his life. tender...

Amanda said...

That is so special and what an amazing way to remember him.

Heatherlyn said...

I think it is good to remember people who have passed away on their birthdays. On my grandmother's birthday we all wear blue because it was her favorite color.

I'm sure that meant a lot to your Aunt for you all to be there.

Celine said...

I love me some smiley Chloe!