Pages

10.30.2010

Remembering "The Incident"


It's been exactly one year since "the incident" that caused Chloe to lose her front tooth.


She became my little Halloween Jack-O-Lantern....


I was in true mourning for a couple of weeks because of this. I missed her smile. I felt SO GUILTY.

But now, Chloe's smile is PERFECT. Her smile makes ME smile (insert song that is playing on my playlist right now - LOVE IT!!!).

Sometimes it's hard because I frequently have to explain how she lost it. It usually goes something like this: "I'm a bad mom and she fell." Sad, but true.

Now her smile is just a part of who she is. Her smile and I have a lot in common.... we're imperfect, but that's okay! ;)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Has it already been a YEAR? She's darling with her toothless smile. :)

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I think she's adorable, and I didn't know this story. I just love her smile. Gaps are part of childhood ... and since kids lose teeth at all different ages, I imagine no one even knew something had happened. :)

MOLLY said...

i love you tara and all of your imperfections. jk, there are no imperfections!!! and you're an even more perfecter mother so don't try to tell us otherwise!

Erin said...

Whenever I pull up your blog my 2 year old goes wild dancing. Makes me laugh and smile. Lily is having her pH probe right now!