Pages

1.18.2009

Becuase I'm Not the Only One Who's Fabulous

I am soooo behind in telling you all how fantastic I am - er, uh, how fantastic other people think I am. I've received several awards, and I'm uber grateful, but I've been a mega slacker ever since my daughter decided to stop sleeping at night. Frills, friends, exhuastion is not pretty. Oh wait, that's not why we're here. Back to me and my awards and my fabulousness. Oh, and the other bloggers whom I heart for many different reasons.





The 'Your Blog is Fabulous!' award came straight to me from 3 Bay Chicks. I met these lovely ladies fairly recently, but they really stood out to me when Francesca left this comment on my Rockin' the 80's post:



Are you telling me that roof raisin' went out of vogue? That could be the reason for the weird looks I get whenever I am in the check-out line in the grocery store and the checker tells me how much money I've saved. Thank goodness for the internet. I swear I learn everything I need to here.



Case in point: The 80's are coming back? Hooray! Does this mean that it is OK to start wearing two pairs of different colored socks underneath my pegged jeans again?



Please advise. I do not want to unknowingly commit another social faux pas! :)-Francesca



I'm so glad I found a reason to post that comment. I found it hysterically funny, and I wanted everyone else to be able to enjoy it as well!



Okay, I want to pass this fabulous award on to a few fab bloggers....




  • Nana's Kitchen. Yes, this is my mother-in-law's blog that I actually set up for her, and all but forced her to jump in and get going on it, as an addition to my kidz blog. I just asked her to do the recipes, people, I can't be blamed for the rest of the nonsense that goes on over there. But trust me, I think most of you will find Nana's recipes delightful and her humor hilarious, if not a little random. Plus, I always tease Tami about being so posh, and isn't this award very 'posh'?

  • Whirling Dirvishes. Her photos are truly breathtaking. She just got a fabulous new hair do. She's not afraid to stand for her daughter's right to wear cowgirl boots. She has a little one who doesn't let her sleep. I get this girl - and I love her!

  • Messy Jess. This girl just plain cracks me up. Let me give you an example. In her blog header, she explains what her blog is all about: "A journal to help my children better understand why their mother went crazy and had to go live at the funny farm." And she just started this fabulous project, called Melmac Moments. Go check it out!

  • Stampin' Mom. Talk about posh! This girl is a bundle of talent! She's a true bloggy friend and definitely fabulous.

  • Pooba. This girl makes me laugh to the point of tears on a nearly daily basis. Is there anything more fabulous than that???




This award was given to me by Jeannie via Audrey. If you forgot to take your Prozac, go to Jeannie's blog for a dose of happiness. That girl always makes me smile!



I might get emotional sharing my kindred friends with you. I will forwarn you that if you go to visit their blogs, you will be hooked for life. Their little ones are precious beyond words - kindred spirits with Chloe - which is why I get their mommies the way I do. Go visit these blogs. You'll be glad you did.


Benjamin McKay Orton. My heart leaps with joy whenever I see that Benjamin's blog has a new post! I just love seeing his sweet face. His mom is my hero.

Jaxson's Fight. I met Jaxson and his mom only recently when his mom left a comment telling me she was from Utah and Jaxson has the same seizure disorder that Chloe has and takes the same medication she takes. I don't think it gets much more kindred than that.

I Brought You In, And I Can Take You Out. A mother of four, and two have special needs. My hero.

Life of Logan. The header says the blog is about, "A boy who has Cerebral Palsy, but Cerebral Palsy does not have him." Amazing. Plus he's adorable to boot! And his mom is a real crack up, although I just met her, she's definitely a friend.

Where Will This Little Foot Take Him? I think the picture of AFO braces in her header says a lot about our kindred spirits. I triumph and mourn with her often.



Kim of Chamomile Tea shared this award with me. Isn't it lovely? Literally. Kim is lovely too. She makes me laugh and feel warm/fuzzy quite often. Let me share a little love....

Our Daily Blessing: Life. Gratitude for family and life is always lovely, but when Mom is fighting cancer and her son is fighting lifelong ailments and pain, an attitude of gratitude suddenly becomes inspiring, even life-altering.

My Lifes, My Hopes, My Future. Celine has been a long-time, tried and true bloggy friend. Plus she lives in Paris. What's more lovely than that???

FL Home Blog. A lovely woman in lovely Florida who sells lovely homes. Natalie totally deserves this award!

Fresh Mommy. Tabitha's photos are among the most lovely images I've ever seen.

Just For Fun. Sandy is a dear bloggy friend, and I love this site of hers! She gives lovely craft ideas for children!





Queenie Jeannie also gave me this award. What a gal!!!!

ALL my bloggy friends encourage me in one way or another at different times, but here are a few that stand out....
Living Life on the Road Less Traveled. If you want to hear an amazing yet tragic love story, and find an amazingly strong woman who inspires and encourages and is full of life, then you've come to the right spot. Mrs. S is one of my heroes.
The Bird Flock. I met the Bird flock only recently, but they have already encouraged and inspired me tremendously. I'm grateful.
A Sense of Humor is Essential. What's more encouraging than a sense of humor? Martha's got that and a lot more. What a delight.
Come What May and Love It. Amanda encouraged me to glam up Chloe's monkey stander with a bow, maybe a bracelet. She deserves a medal for that, but for now this award will have to do!
The Lindell Family. To snatch a quote from her blog, 'Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.' Mel has been a friend for years. And even though I haven't seen her in a long time, she continues to amaze and encourage me. Love ya girl!

Here's to being fabulous!

18 comments:

Nana said...

Oh Tara now I have proof that I am truly fab and posh. Thank you! I do mean that sincerely. ( did I spell that right?) Anyway Love ya.

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Oh how I *heart* you and your beautiful serenade! Honey poo you're the shiznit! Thanks so much for bestowing me and my humble little hole an award!

Ash said...

Congratulations on all the awards!!

Well deserved, and much more.

Becky said...

WOW! Totally honored. Thank you for my FIRST EVER blog award. :) We still have to connect! I'll be in Utah in March....are you smiling? I AM! More details to come. Maybe we'll get to meet after all!!!

Young Momma said...

Congrats!!!

Keri said...

Congrats to you for being so fabulous and then some!

I surely can't thank you enough for recognizing that I'm 'a real crack up'. On a serious note, it was so nice of you to be so nice to me. Thanks a million for the award for Logan's blog. I'm truly honored!

Suzi said...

Congrats on all the bloggy love!

Shelly said...

Wow--I knew you were loved by me, but I didn't realize I shared you with so much of the world! Congrats on all of your awesome awards!!

Stephanie said...

You are SO sweet!!! thank you so much Tara!! That totally made my day! :)

Grand Pooba said...

Congrats on your fabulousness! And a big Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for thinking I'm fab too! I can die happy knowing that SOMEbody does!

Love ya girl!

Heatherlyn said...

You deserve all the awards. You are a very thoughtful blogger. :)

br8eyes said...

Completely honored and humbled. Thanks!

Celine said...

Those awards are so well deserved Tara!
Thanks for awarding me!
I love you! :)

Jo-Ann said...

Tara, how sweet and wonderful of you! Thank you so much!

K, now for my dorky-ness, how do I share this on my site and link it to you?

Gosh I am such a newbie blogger!

Amanda said...

Wow, Thank you so much, Tara, I really don't know what to say! I'm very honored :)

Sandy said...

Congrats to you! And Thank You so much:)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

"Can I get wha wha?" I am still laughing about the comment that you left on our blog yesterday. Tara, you absolutely kill me. I think we might be long lost sisters, driven apart by fate sometime around 1985.

Also, do my eyes deceive me? I think I counted around 4 awards. Holy moly, girl, you are queen of the blogosphere and I didn't even realize it.

-Francesca

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Tara, thank you so much for the award girly! You are just totally awesome...no wonder you got so many awards, hehe! I'll hop on it ;-)